CHAPTER VIII: FURY OF A MAN

Start from the beginning

After the warning, Souma ordered 10.000 royal army soldiers to march towards Carmine territory and defend their fort outside Randel city. Nomura also promises to send support to the royal army to bolster its defense. The next day Hakuya, Souma, and Nomura gather at Souma's office to discuss their war plan against both Amidonia and the rebels.

"Amidonia surely will advance quietly by cutting through the Ursula mountain belt and trying to capture the fort city of Altomura. Their numbers are 45.000" As Hakuya reported, Souma and Nomura felt the pressure about the numbers.

"45.000 huh...That's quite a number" Souma feels anxiety but his mind is concerned about something else. 

"So, they send a full army corps to come after us. Even for your plan, it will be too much for us" Nomura also thinks about something else as well.

"I believe that it's already the maximum number that they can muster. After all, they moved too carelessly and eventually would meet and fight Carmine as well" As Souma might sigh in relief at the news, it wasn't for Nomura. But he chose quiet for a reason.

"I'll order the retreat of the border guard after they bought us some time"

Souma then said "Maybe I should order an evacuation of civilians at the Amidonian army marching route"

But Hakuya seems to disagree "I advise you not to do that, if so they will realize that we are watching them" 

"YOU WANT ME TO JUST ABANDON THEM?" Souma shouts at Hakuya for his tactics.

"Your highness, there are times a decision for you to sacrifice a few to save many" As ruthless as it sounds, Hakuya is right.

"I know that there isn't a war without victims. But we can't just stand idle either. Is there something we can do?" 

Nomura ponders a while and found the eureka "Actually, I have a solution. But this one is pretty crude for the people" 

Souma then "Ok, I'm listening"

-----Several times later-----

A group of civilians is being escorted by a team of adventurers in the woods near the border. These adventurers got a quest from their guild to escort the civilians out of their villages that headed toward the capital. This evacuation is going on because of a new type of monster that appears recently. To some of these adventurers, it felt weird.

"Dice, don't you think this quest is a little strange?" A mage name Febular feels something odd.

"Is that so?" Dice seems to feel strange about the quest as well "We, adventurer got this quest from the guild. Moreover, this quest is coming from the kingdom too"

"But still, for this easy quest, the rewards are enormous"

Dice then gives his opinion to reassure Febular "The king of the kingdom is fighting the general of the army that rebels right now, I'm sure that will also be the reason they giving this quest that is actually the royal army's job"

"But I still haven't seen the so-called flaming pierrot at all. It gives me chills"

"I think so too" Then a girl descend from a tree "Yuno, what's the situation?"

"The forest is clear. But Dice, I think it will be faster than we eliminate the flame pierrot, right?"

"I thought so too, but it means that this monster must be very dangerous"

"If that's so, we should be heard some victim news but the report only that the village already empty"

Dice gives thought a while "Yuno. Can you give one more thorough check on the surroundings? and care for the monster or anything else"