Part 1 - 'I want grandbabies'

Growing up, Tanya had prepared herself for the possibility that she might be like her Aunt Kenya, an unmarried woman at the age of 35. Yes it sucked to admit, and yes the current phone call she was on with her mother just reminded her that she was slowly creeping up to the dreaded 30, with no possible future husband.

'Anya, you know I'm proud of where you have gotten especially working in London, but sweetie, I want grandbabies!' came the soothing yet frustrating voice of the woman who reminded her constantly of her difficult birth.

'I know mother, but you know how busy I get and it's not like I'm not looking for someone to help give you grandbabies. I just want someone special and it looks like they just don't want to show up'. Tanya replied and as quickly as she did, there came a strong 'Yet!' from the speaker.

Tanya laughed to herself before slowly stirring the conversation to how her father was doing.

'Your father is fine, but he keeps talking about moving back to Zimbabwe and retiring. I'm not ready to leave the UK yet and especially since both my daughters are taking their time in giving us little babies to babysit'

Ignoring the grandbabies comment, Tanya said a quick 'I have to go meet up with the girls', before finally being able to hang up from her weekly call with her mother. Christina Maseko, was one tough lady to stop from giving her opinion especially towards her eldest daughter.

'Lord please help me' Tanya said to herself before making her way out of her apartment to meet her friends for lunch.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

'Dude, I wish I had realised how great having a girlfriend was before now. Do you know that Kathy and I had sex last night, this morning and every day this week?' Tom stated to his group of friends Ethan, Alex and John.

Alex couldn't stop from commenting with a booming laugh that made the tables near them in the American styled dinner turn to stare. The foursome made quite a scene because one could not ignore just how attractive they were.

Alex was known for his easy charm, dirty-blonde surfer type hair, and quick smile. At 6'2, he couldn't be missed and that's what had caught the eye of his girlfriend Justine while they worked on a case together.

Ethan was the total opposite in terms of looks, with his dark brown hair and constant 5 o'clock shadow. The chef had always been seen as the group leader from the time the men met at university in their 1st year. His 6'3 height and constant smirk had always been quick to surface and draw women and men's attention.

Lastly, John was the silent one in the group and the most likely to avoid approaching a women he liked. The rest of the guys saw him as the voice of reason with his constantly brushed dark hair, glasses, and usually suited-up 6'0 body. The university lecturer in Maths was definitely the sane one of the group.

'I've been trying to tell you guys that relationships have their pecks and sex is definitely one of them' came Alex's reply. 'Justine definitely knows how to keep me happy'.

Ethan couldn't help the comment 'Couple are so annoying' from leaving his lips only to have the three men turn and look at him.

'Ethan you know that your day will come when we are stuck listening to you talk about how great your girlfriend is, and of course we will remind you of this moment. You just need to find the right girl instead of trying to compete with guys in their early 20's who don't realise how boring the getting around is.' Tom lectured.

Ethan could only come up with a quick 'Now you sound like my mother'.