Chapter 8

As I let go of the rope, I look up to find Draco slipping down with ease.

When he gets to the bottom, he sighs and declares "I was going to tell you, I just-"

Zabini slides down and I sigh "Let's get this done."

As we split up, I tell Draco "I don't mind." He gives a weak smile and states "I would like to know more, but it's okay."

As we walk, he tells me "What do you want to know?"

I give him a weak smile "Everything."

He thinks for a second, before shrugging "Not much to know."

I narrow my gaze and sigh "Give me your life's story."

He thinks, before declaring "I grew up rich, because father was in the business. My mother was mainly drunk, but she was there if I needed her. I went to a private boarding school. My mum was murdered when father's cover was blown. I was fifteen."

I furrow my brow and ask "Your mum was murdered?"

He sighs "Shot in the head. I was in the closet. I screamed and blew my cover."

I furrow my brow and he continues "They held me for about a year, give it take a few weeks. I was in hospital for awhile, and by the time I was rehabilitated, I was in the training program for the agency."

I furrow my brow and ask "Is that where the scars on your back came from?" He nods and I ask an additional question "Did they just let you go?"

He shakes his head, before explaining "I didn't think my father gave a damn about me, until he came busting down the doors, guns blazing."

He clears his throat and states "I was barely conscious. I just remember his face, as he carried me out, and I remember feeling overjoyed with emotion. The person who I thought didn't love me, hunted me down and risking his life rescuing me."

I give a warm smile, before he declares "I remember waking up in hospital. I'm usually a very reserved person, but he saw how broken I was, crawled in bed to hold me, and held me as I cried and screamed."

I take in a deep breath and asks "What did they do to you?"

He gives me a masking smile and states "That's another story, for another day." We slip into silence and he continue on.

As we walk, he sighs "My favorite color is green. My favorite book is I Was Here. My favorite movie depends on the genre. I like the classics. My favorite music is alternative or grunge. I especially like Dean Lewis." He thinks for a second, before declaring "I like cold pizza, and spaghetti." He sighs and smiles "And if you ever put olives or pineapple on pizza, I will start screaming." I scoff and he continues "Don't touch olives, or raw tomatoes. I barely like avocado, and only in salad. And my favorite vegetables are carrots, artichoke, and cabbage. I love carbs. I could eat pasta, rice, bread, and potatoes, everyday, without complaining. And, to top it off, I like your cooking. My favorite thing you've made me was that lasagna from my first time over. I was seriously fighting the urge to moan while eating. I salivate over anything carby, but that took the cake. Not big on cake, however I love cheesecake, brownies, scones, biscuits, and the occasional can of frosting."

I smile at him before realizing "I've never even seen the inside of your flat. I don't even know where you live."

He furrows his brow and states "I live in front of the fire station a few blocks away from yours. It's a studio."

I furrow my brow and ask "Why have I never been over?"

He gives me a tired smile, before declaring "You can cook." I scoff and he sighs "I don't clean. I don't cook. I don't do laundry. I buy new underwear. The only things in my fridge are water, diet fizzy drink, and vodka." He furrows his brow and states "The only things in my pantry are Heinz beans, bread, and instant ramen."

He shrugs "Beans on toast for brekkie, takeaway for lunch, and ramen for supper. If I'm feeling generous, I'll grab something from the bakery downstairs on my way to my flat."

I furrow my brow and state "We make enough for you to afford a maid."

He furrows his brow and states "I hired a maid, once. She ran away screaming."

I scoff and remark "I don't believe you."

He shrugs, before declaring "I'll show you when we get back. I'm about eighty percent sure the mountains of clothes next to the door was originally post that I shoved out of the way."

I sit there for a long moment, before asking "Why?"

He gives a smug look "I don't care. The only person who ever comes to my flat is my father. And he only comes over once a month to hand me my portion of my mum's life insurance payment. He never fails to mention how disgusting it is."

I give a shocked look and sigh "That's sad."

He gives me a tired smile "It's just me."

I take in a deep breath and ask "Why do you choose to live like that?"

He gives me a charmed smirk "I don't care." I furrow my brow and state "I have to take so much out of me to do what I do. To be okay with what I have to do." He gives a soft smile and states "I have absolutely no need to clean my flat." He furrows his brow and states "I get my clothes dry cleaned."

I nod, before declaring "You pick up your stuff around my place."

He scoffs and states "Yeah, because it's your place." He shakes his head and states "You cook for me. So, I show the respect you deserve. But if I lived there, I probably wouldn't be so clean. I'd do a bit, but still."

I don't think give it a second thought "I wouldn't mind."

He scoffs, before remarking "Yeah, you would."

I furrow my brow and state "No, I wouldn't."

He looks back at me and stops "Harry, you don't want me moving in with you."

I give a smug look, before declaring "I wouldn't mind it, Draco."

He stands there for a very long moment, before pressing his lips together and sighing "We're taking too long. We need to get going."

As he continues on, I stand there for a long moment, before following him. As we walk, it gets the better of me and I ask "Would it be so bad?"

He sighs, he stops again and states "It would mean something."

I furrow my brow and scoff "Yeah, we'd be living together."

He crosses his arms and looks down in thought. After a long moment, he sighs "I don't get close to people." I give a confused look and tears come to his eyes "I don't open myself to get hurt. I've purposely distanced myself from everyone in my life, even if Lucius finds his way to seep in." He looks at me and wipes his face "How have you somehow managed to make me feel, so-"

He wipes his face, and I ask "So, what?"

He looks at me and shrugs, before stating "So, cared for. Loved. Wanted." He takes a moment and states "I just- I feel like if I did move in with you, it would make it even harder."

I sigh and ask "Make what harder?"

He takes a second, before stating "To not love you."

I give him a proud smile, before continuing on walking. When he catches up, I tell him "All I can do to get you to, is that I can cook you whatever you want. I will handle your messes, do your laundry, hold you every night. Besides, you've been over at my place every night we've both been in town. I know it's fast, but in our job, we never know what's going to happen."

He takes in a deep breath and states "I'll keep my flat, in case we don't work out."

I give a confused look and states "I'll move in with you, but I want a backup plan, for the time being."

I give a happy smile and we continue on in silence. When we finally near the mansion in the middle of the woods, I push in my earpiece and ask "What's your 20, over?"

Hermione declares "We're in the tallest tree."

Zabini tells us "We're positioned next to the south entrance."

I take in a deep breath and sigh "Let's go get Hagrid."