Chapter 4

The night we get back, I crawl into my bed after a long shower and lay on my side of the queen sized bed.

As I look to his side of the bed and long for his touch, again.

That night, I didn't sleep.

~

The following morning, I walk into work to find Draco sitting at his desk, filing paperwork.

I lean again the side of his desk and ask "When did you get back?"

He looks to me and states "Late last night. Didn't figure you'd be back, yet."

I look at him, kindly "The bed was much too big without you there, you know?" He rests his hand on mine and looks around, only to find we're the only two in the office.

He raises his hand to my cheek and places a kiss on my wrist "I missed you, too, Harry."

I look him over, before asking "My place, after work?"

He reaches down and rubs my thigh, fondly "Of course. I believe we have something to talk about?"

I lean down to him and whisper against his lips "I believe we do."

He bites his lips, before kissing me, hungerly. The elevator dings and he sighs, before backing away and asking "How was your trip to Guatemala?"

I dig into my lunchbag to retrieve my water bottle. When I get a drink, I explain "My team and I stopped the destruction of the rainforest, along with a group of government quote unquote hippies."

He hums as Parkinson walks up to ask me "What are you doing over here?"

Draco looks to her and states "James is just stretching out an olive branch. It's about time someone does."

I smile at him, before asking "How was your trip to the states?"

He sighs, before declaring "We stopped the assassination of President Obama."

By the disappointed look on his face, I ask "And you're not satisfied, why?"

Draco grovels "The Neo Nazi homegrown terriost cell was lead my a closeted guy. This one-" he points to Parkinson and states "Suggested that I sleep with him."

I cock an eyebrow to him and she states "He didn't, by the way."

I nod, before he states "I befriended him, added some sexual tension, became his right hand, and slaughtered them all in their sleep."

I furrow my brow and ask "How big was the cell."

He shrugs, telling me "Thirtyish men."

I hum, before Hermione walks past and looks to me "Morning."

I reply back with a the same, before Draco looks to her "Morning, Granger." Shegives him an odd look.

Parkinson give Draco an odd look as well, before Hermione replies "Good morning, NC. How was your trip to America?"

He sighs "Ultimately uneventful. But we got the mission done, so..." he looks to me "James told me that the your mission went well."

She nods, before I find Malfoy walks in. Draco looks to him, before excusing himself. When he walks over to his father, I follow Hermione to our desks.

Anxiously, I try to easedrop on their conversation. Hermione looks me up and down, before beginning her paperwork.

As I start mine, I glance up to find Draco and his father hugging in the break room. With a soft smile, I continue on.