Chapter 6

As Draco downs his fourth glass of wine, there's a knock on the door. He sets his jaw and declares "Here we go."

I take hold of his sweater and state "They will love you." I point to his plate and insist "Finish your dinner. I'll be right back."

After giving him a soft kiss, there's another knock on the door.

I sigh, before going to answer the door. Before I open the door, Draco calls after me "Ima need more wine."

I call over my shoulder as I open the door "The cabinet next to the fridge is the wine fridge!"

When I look to Ron and Hermione, Ron holds up a bottle of tequila "How drunk are we getting tonight?"

I smirk as I let them in "We're already two bottles of wine in." I call out to Draco "Babe, do we have limes in the fridge?"

When I walk back into the kitchen, he holds up a few limes and asks "Can I open this 74' Noir?"

I nod and he grabs the corkscrew. Ron sets his jaw and asks "You invited NC?"

Draco smirks down at the wine as I explain "No, Ron, I'm dating him."

He presses his lips into a fine line, before clearing his throat and stepping forward "Well, that explains a lot."

Draco looks at him and remarks "Ron?" Ron looks up and Draco nods "I figured it was something like that."

Draco pours himself a glass of wine and his eyes lock with the tequila. He hums, before declaring "We're getting fucked up, aren't we?"

Hermione steps forward and asks "Does Parkinson and Zabini know about you two?"

Draco takes a long drink, before declaring "I don't trust them with my real name. Pansy and Blaise don't know shit."

I hum, before asking "Am I the only one that you've told your name?"

He nods, before clearing his throat and looking to Hermione "I figured out Harry's name. It was very easy to piece together. I still don't know yours."

She steps forward and states "Hermione." He smiles as he takes a sip "I want to know who you are."

He sits his glass down and states "Draco Malfoy. Lucius Malfoy is my father."

Hermione gives a confused look "Why NC?"

He turns around to grab a knife as he states "I had no choice in becoming a spy. It's a legacy. I might be good, but I fucking hate it." He starts to cut the limes as he declares "We all know retirement isn't an option. We either walk away to die, or die trying to walk away."

He doesn't look up as he continues. I furrow my brow and state "You could retire."

He scoffs, before declaring "I already tried. I was told the only way I could retire was if I was in a body bag."

He sighs, and remarks "Either I work until I die, or work until I'm disabled and get tenure, like Malfoy, Snape, Dumbeldore, and McGonagall."

We sit in silence for a long moment, before Draco asks "Did you read the debriefing, yet?"

I shake my head and he stares "The death eaters have Hagrid. We know what they do to their hostages."

He clears his throat and states "We'll be given cyanide capsules, tomorrow. If we get captured, we have a way to end it."

I nod and he shakes his head "I'm done with this shit, I really am."

I give a weak smile, before he changes the subject "Who want's tequila?"

~

Later that night, Draco and Hermione are dancing to some song together as Ron asks "Is he always so sensitive?"

I furrow my brow and declare "I think he's seen a lot. Done a lot. Lived through a lot."

He furrows his brow and asks "How much of it do you know?"

I give a weak smile and remark "We're spies, Ron. There's probably countless stories."

He nods, before I sigh "It's not we never got a case that got us fucked in the head. He did just kill thirty people in their sleep."

He nods, before motioning towards the stairs "I never understood why there was a fire pole in the middle of your landing."

I scoff, before declaring "I don't know. I kinda like it."

He hums, before Hermione and Draco step over to us. Ron points to the fire pole and asks Draco "Does that bother you, too?"

Draco shakes his head and states "I just kinda figured Harry likes strippers."

I scoff, before he says something that makes me want to push both Ron and Hermoine out of the flat "It pays to know your way around a pole."

I furrow my brow and ask "You know how to be a stripper?"

He shrugs, before pulling off his socks and declaring "I can climb anything."

I scoff and he beckons me forward, making all of us follow. As he pulls off his shirt, I notice thin white scars cover his back. Ron gives me a look and I give a weak smile as Draco furrows his brow and looks up "Three moves, jump back, grab railing of the second floor, pull myself up."

He looks to me with a cunning grin "Ready for this?"

I nod, before he takes a few steps back, declaring "This one is about momentum and timing."

He takes in a deep breath, before running forward. He leaps onto the pole, grabbing it with his foot and forearm. As he speeds around the pole, he flips his legs back to grab the pole above him, turns himself upside down, and pushes off, grabbing the guard rail. With ease, he pulls himself up. I scoff, before I see him walking on the railing "Draco, be safe."

He glared down at me "I'm always safe. Just look out."

He walks around the rim of the railing and slides down the railing of the stairs at full force, only to reach out his arms, grab the pole, and spin himself around into a stop.

Ron furrows his brow and declares "Safe to say we know who'll be the one to do the climbing tomorrow."

Draco scoffs, before furrowing his brow and stepping down to get another bottle of wine "Yeah, I need another drink."

I furrow my brow and look to Hermione and Ron "Step into the living room. Give us a minute."

They step away and I step up to Draco, asking "What's wrong?"

He takes in a deep breath and states "I have a bad feeling about tomorrow."

I hum, before asking "Gut feeling or environmental feeling?"

He takes in a deep breath, before declaring "I don't know, Harry. Does it matter."

I furrow my brow and declare "They both matter."

He takes in a deep breath and sighs "It's a gut feeling."

I give a weak smile, before asking "Why don't you stay with me, tomorrow? Make you feel a bit better?"

He gives a weak smile, before drinking straight out of the bottle.