Healing

The empress laid on the private room bed in the hospital he was admitted to. He's body connected to all kinds of varies tubes and wires. True to Ress's words Aria had sustained a few broken ribs, a punctured lung, concussion and a damaged liver. But as a strong willed fighter would strive to live, Aria wasn't joining the dead anytime soon.

"When will mommy wake up?" Ariel asked as she held unto her mother's motionless hand. She was seated on her maternal grandmother's lap, whilst Aaron and Alex stood by king Paul's side. Kathy was also present, holding Anna in her hands as they stood by Aria's bed.

"Very soon, my love. Mommy just needs a little bit of rest ok?" Adela said as she kissed Ariel's forehead. The little girl nodded her head as she sniffled and held her grandmother tight.

Eunuch Ress had gone to his wife as per Aria's request and was now spending time with his wife. Some may think it a horrific thing to do, leaving your master on their sick bed to go and canoodle with your wife, but Aria's words are words that hold weight and eunuch Ress knows not to cross them, even as a best friend.

Tyler was outside the room, along with his guards and of course favorite imperial concubine. King Paul was livid when he saw the duo walk down the corridor that led to Aria's room. He made sure that the emperor couldn't get inside the room at any cost, they were divorced and Tyler didn't love Aria so he had no reason to be here. He never cared for Aria and Aria is the one who's hurt and not the children thus reason why he has absolutely zero reason to be in front o the room of the wife he abused.

"King Paul, I have new news." The doctor said as he entered the occupied room. A room that looked more like a hotel suite than a hospital room. All the heads except the children turned to the doctor.

"Yes?"

"It seems like the empress-"

"prince." Kathy interrupted.

"I'm sorry ? " The doctor asked clearly confused.

"The prince, he no longer holds the empress  title." King Paul explained.

"Oh. Ok. As I was saying the prince, was pregnant and-" the doctor said before getting interrupted yet again.

"WHAT!" The adults present yelled, scaring the poor children out of their wits.

"Wait a minute. What do you mean was?" Meredith asked.

"It seemed like, he was pregnant with two zygotes, but he lost one. He lost too much blood and the stress his body endured made him have a miscarriage. The other one seems fine but I can't make any promises, I mean it's still intact on the uterine wall, but like I said no promises because we're not sure if it won't fall off in a few days, let's just hope for the best." The doctor said as he looked at the shocked family. He left the room after a few minutes of checking Aria's vitals.

He did get stopped out side by Tyler and the emperor received the same news. Tyler was a hurricane of emotions after hearing the news. He was elated and sad at the same time. Rose on the other hand was fuming with anger, for what you won't know. Her daughter is already the crown princess, the heir to the throne and she herself is the only woman the emperor ever beds with.

To be angry at an ex wife of her husband, an ex wife who gave her daughter treasures and a royal title, a title given to only the children of the monarch couple is more than propestrous, it's revolting beyond words. 

Aria no longer held his hand around her throat. Aria is not the reason why Tyler is infront of his room, the emperor chose to be here and Rose tagged along when she strictly was told not to. 

"Why didn't he just die?" Rose whispered to herself not knowing the emperor heard her. Tyler looked down at the woman in her arms and glared at her.

Rose who was looking down felt the cold stare and she looked up to meet with Tyler's cold eyes. She shuddered under his gaze, sure she knew that Tyler was bark but no talk, Rose still knew that this man could make one question their whole life with just a stare.