29. Butterfly's Repose

Start from the beginning

"Well someone has to. And it looks like my job is done." She traced a circle and plants carried her away. Without anyone to divert my attention, I noticed how my body was burning with every movement my body made. I was quickly distracted by the stars and glitter the Boiling Isles were decorated with. Camila screamed and ran in front of us.

"Kids stand back! Who knows if that monster was alive or not." She warned. "Oh, Camila, we live on the Titan, it's the glitter and sparkles that's... Wrong." I told her. It looked like a unicorn threw up everywhere. "Guys, what's on top of the skull?" Willow asked. It looked like a castle. If I stayed, would I be stuck in there? "I don't know, but maybe we can get some answers in Bonesbrough," Luz advised. We continued our walk to the town. "Hunter! Isn't this place pretty?" I smiled at him. "Yeah, sure." He kept his eyes forward. Why is he being this distant?

~~~~~

We were in front of my house and I felt my eyes tearing up. The whole place was covered with spray paint saying how bad we were. I spun my finger and all the writing disappeared. "What is this place?" Camila asked. "Welcome to..." I opened the door. "The Owl House." I smiled sadly as I looked inside. "I promise it isn't usually this empty. Just..." I snapped my fingers and made the room brighter with candles. I watched as the backup furniture I stole walked inside the house and decorate itself. "For you." I lead Camila to the couch and she chuckled. I noticed Hunter outside and I walked out. "Hey, Hunter, are you okay?" I closed the door.

"Yes, why do you keep asking that?" He sounded frustrated. "You can talk to me. That is what I am here for after all." I walked with him. "I don't have time to talk about this. We need to get to Belos." He raised his voice a bit. "Why aren't you talking to me about this? I can tell you aren't okay." I tried to keep my voice calm. "I'm fine! Leave me alone and for Titan's sake, stop following me!" He yelled at me. I stepped back a bit and I felt my eyes sting with upcoming tears. "O-oh okay..." I barely said before heading towards the house. "Wait, I'm sorry-" Was all I heard before I closed the door. "Is everything alright, Cariño?" Camila asked.

"What? Yeah, I'm fine. Hunter just needs some space." I said before going up to my room. I felt my body start to give up on me and I groaned. "What is happening?" I asked myself. I noticed a book on my bed and I picked it up to see a sun plastered onto the cover. I stuffed it into my bag. P/n went to their beds and chirped happily.

I decided to change so I didn't get my shirt damaged and as soon as I took off my shirt, purple ribbons surrounded me. I shrieked as my clothes changed into a starry and sunny mess. It was a dress to my knees and it was the same design as his but a dress form. The sleeves were long but off the shoulder. I immediately noticed I had white gloves on and white boots. I also noticed my bag was now purple with stars on it. "Oh, Y/n's near!" I heard Collector yell from outside. I felt my throat go dry.

"Oh, I guess you're right King." I heard them go away and I heard everyone yelling outside. "P/n." I ordered as they flew to my shoulder. I ran downstairs and closed the door behind me. I looked at everyone and they looked so confused.

"Collector." Was all I could get out. I took a deep breath. "I was changing into different clothes so I didn't damage my shirt but then something changed me into this." I motioned to the outfit. "I think you'll blend in," Camila told me. "Yeah, now, let's catch them," I demanded. "But how?" Camila asked. My bird turned into a staff. "Don't worry, I'm a safe flyer." Amity smiled. "Flyer?!" Camila asked. I noticed Hunter was waiting for me to go on my staff.

We landed in Bonesbrough and I noticed our favorite cafe was now covered in paint and was broken down. "What happened?" I asked myself as I put my hand on the door. I heard Camila scream and I turned around. "Oh, I mean... Hello good sir?" She bowed. Hunter continued to walk and I kept my distance away from him. I slowly started to tune everyone out as I started to notice my body got used to the pain but, it was still growing.