Abdulah

~Lea P.O.V.~

Instead of showing how panicked I am, I simply say "who are you exactly?". Once again, what he says sends a shiver down my spine. "Abdulah" he says. "What's it to you?". "....I..you .... five years....this can't be happening" I say. "I don't think I understand" Abdulah responds. "It's me....from five years ago. Fifth grade". The last word I say practically gives everything away. "Sacrificed". 

"LEA?!" , he says, in shock. "Long time no see" I say. "Why did you think Mason was here?".  Abdulah remains silent, before answering me. "I tracked his phone, thinking there was a 70% chance it was right, but now I know that he is here". This catches me off guard, because I never shown any signs that he was. "You've always wanted to kill him". After hearing this, I just burst out laughing. "Me...kill someone I haven't spoke with in years?!".  "I know he's here" Abdulah says.  "Why don't you think he's with his parents or something?" I ask.  "Because, his parents abuse him, and yesterday he was supposed to be coming to my house for the week to avoid them". "Wha...?....He's abused....?".  I knew that Mason didn't like his parents, but I never knew they abused him. "Now just let me search" Abdulah says. "Fine, but you won't find anything".

                                 ~Mason P.O.V.~

I see Lea rushing into where I am, which wouldn't be a problem if I had a shirt on. "Mason! Abdulah last here, I need to hide you". "Alright" I say. Sometime between when I'm talking Lea notices I'm shirtless. "Why don't you have a shirt on? You know what.. never mind." After I put a shirt on, she rushes and hides me under her covers. She exits the room and goes back to monitoring Abdulah as he searches her house.

I honestly couldn't care less if he sees me. He's been my friend for a couple of years now, I trust him. But still. I'm in no position to argue. I'm just grateful that Lea hasn't killed me. I am peacefully eavesdropping and peeking out the blanket a little, when I hear Abdulah say "can I search your room?". Lea hesitates for a moment, but let's Abdulah in. "Sorry if it's a bit messy". Abdulah rolls his eyes, and still suspecting Lea as a murderer, says "not any different than what I'd suspect from a murderer".

                              ~Lea P.O.V.~

"For the last time, I. Am. Not. A. Murderer." Abdulah rolls his eyes and contues searching. "When was the last time you saw Mason?" he asked. "Probably either sometime at school or during my job". This makes Abdulah look up. "What do you mean by that?". I shrug , and then point something out to him. "I go to the same school as you fuckers, you know that right?". Abdulah looks up and says "how come I never saw you then?". I look down and say "I mostly spend my time at the counselor's office or with Aria".

Abdulah's face softens. "Well, do you at least know anything about what happened to Mason?" he asks. I sigh, and send a text message to Mason. I ask if I can tell Abdulah. "Well I know something" I finally mutter. I look at Mason's reply, which says I can tell Abdulah. "So uh......yesterday, I was working a shift at Starbucks and I saw what happened to him" I say. "Be specific please" he says. "Tell me what happened". I look up at him and smirk. "You wouldn't believe me....". "So I'm just gonna show you a video of what happened". I drag Abdulah out of my room, and give him my phone. After I play the video, I get my strawberry açaí from the day before and start drinking.

~Abdulah P.O.V.~

I look at the video and it seems normal. The first
few minutes are just Lea ranting about how she hates how her manager made her do what she calls 'the time waster shift'. "Lea are you sure this is the right video?" I ask. "Of course I am" she responds, clearly annoyed. I roll my eyes and keep watching. For a couple more minutes, nothing happens but then I see Mason. He is talking with the man in alley as Lea watches from a safe distance. "So the guy kidnapped him?" I ask, looking away from the phone. "Just keep watching!" Lea says. I turn back tot he phone and see Mason drinking something the old man gave him. I see him faint and fall to the floor. "What the fuck just happened" I hear Lea say over the recording. "Holy shit.." I whisper. On the video , I see Mason lying on the ground only a few inches tall. The recording then stops.

"What the fuck..." I say. "Knew you wouldn't believe it"Lea says. "Where's Mason right now?" I ask, suddenly worried. Lea opens her room door and drags me inside. "Stay there will ya?", she tells me. She then walks to her bed and pulls off a sheet. She crouches down next to her bed, and I swear I heard someone say "You made me cold you meanie". Lea laughs , and she appears to pick something up. She holds whatever it is close to her chest and walks up to me. She removes one of her hands, and I see Mason. Five inches tall and clutching her shirt.