2 Friction

You know what every story should have after a chapter or so? A flashback. After the jet had crashed and everyone had gotten out of the flaming mess, Grace E. decided to explore the island and investigate for herself what exactly the kind of place that they crashed on is. Being one of the first ones out of the jet, she was able to slip away from the chaos and into the orange jungle. Looking upon the greenish-sky and the orange trees surrounding her, she realizes that the island isn't exactly normal.

As Grace goes through the jungle, the last thing she hears from any of the others for a while is from Levi, calling for someone to grab him a mag. Grace doesn't wonder what the situation is about; she has a mission herself.

On her way through the jungle, she collects various fruits from the orange-colored trees and bushes, fascinated with the bizarre qualities some of them have. After traveling for a while, she comes across a lake on the island, colored green. She sits by it for a while, looking at the numerous colors of the jungle, lake, and evening sky. She thinks about the crash and contemplates about some ideas on where the island is even located in the grand schematic of the universe and beyond.

While thinking about metaphysics, she notices a stirring of the water in the lake. Over the course of a few seconds, the stirring gets larger and larger, and she can see that the lake is opening up into a whirlpool. Mist and water from the edges of it scatter around it.

She looks closely at the center of the whirlpool, thinking she's seeing things as the image of a figure emerging from it enters her mind. She blinks a few times and realizes that her mind isn't fooling her; there is a figure emerging from the whirlpool. It's launched from the whirlpool and onto the orange sand shore amongst the lake, just by Grace. The figure turns towards her and stares.

"Well, it's about time."

The figure approaches Grace. "Hello, condemned of many," he greets her. Grace looks at the figure as if it just mumbled gibberish.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

The figure's shadowy frame droops a little. "It's a phrase I say to other beings. I like it."

"Okay...but who are you? And where am I?"

"I am Venge, a multi-dimensional eidolon. I'd like to get to know more about you and the group you crashed with upon this island."

Grace shakes her head. "No. If we're gonna make this interaction legit, I want to know more about you first. Start."

Venge lets out some kind of gravelly sigh. "Fine. Like I just said before, I'm Ven—"

Grace cuts him off. "No, not the boring stuff. I want to know important things about you, such as what you think is the best combination of blended up pasta and sauce."

"Blended up pasta? What even is that?" Venge asks her. Grace shakes her head in disdain.

"Okay, so clearly you're uncultured, but we can settle for something else." Grace lasers in her eyes to the eidolon's eyes. Venge looks back at her, confused.