1 Retaliation

You know what every story should start out with? Action. The Gospel Light teens cruise through the skies in a private jet.

"Timmy, whatcha readin' there?" Levi asks Timmy.

"Mark 16:15. I've been reading it for three hours straight," Timmy replies, and after a long pause, adds, "it's my favorite verse."

"I can tell." Levi nods and turns back to his automatic rifle on the table in front of him and continues to clean it, mag out of the gun to display proper handling safety. Meanwhile, Gracie and Kay look back to see what kind of foolery is happening.

"You guys do the weirdest stuff," Gracie tells Timmy and Levi just as Kay next to her uses a miter saw she had plugged in to sharpen her trusty axe.

On another part of the jet, there's a coffee shop that happens to be owned by Gracie herself, where Sophie and Kylie are sipping lattes. Also in the coffee shop are Nathaniel and Jacob, trying to get through the likes of unicorn frappuccinos with sugar-free sweeteners without dying from the bitter taste.

"I mean, whenever someone asks me what I'm like, I just tell them I like sugar-free sweeteners in my coffee, as after all, my body is a temple," Jacob tells Nathaniel, trying not to cringe over the fact that he somehow convinced both himself and Nathaniel to drink the strange coffee.

In the corner of the coffee shop, Brennan and Oliver eat a bunch of Nerds Gummy Clusters whilst playing tic-tac-toe.

In the cockpit of the jet, Josh is looking over Caleb and Cody, who are piloting. As he's chewing on a glazed donut whilst telling them about eigenvalues and astrophysics, a fracture in the dimensional system of the universe sends the jet shaking. Josh, Caleb, and Cody all let out screams of surprise, with the rigorous shaking continuing.

The sky outside of the cockpit window erupts with glistening lights of many wild and vivid colors. The jet itself is shifted and warped, its composition changing heavily. This makes way for a bizarre figure to emerge in the cockpit. Josh watches the glowing figure envelop Caleb and Cody along with some kind of covered object. With its hostages, the figure moves slightly through higher spatial dimensions, disappearing from human sight with a flash of dazzling green light.

After recovering from the tussling and rumbling of the jet, Josh sees that Caleb and Cody are gone, just as the strange figure is. Panicked, he takes control of the jet, trying to put together how to fly such a thing within the span of mere moments. Looking through the window, he sees that the jet is headed for an island covered with an orange mountain and orange trees, with the backdrop of a green sky and an orange sun.

Josh fumbles with the controls of the jet, but the time he has to figure out how to avoid crashing into the island is minimal. Failing to master flying a jet within seconds, he is forced to accept the fact that the jet is going down. He braces for impact as it crashes into the orange island. Everyone in the jet is flung into all sorts of directions, and numerous parts of the jet are shredded into jagged chunks from the impact.

Flames erupt within various parts of the jet. People scurry to recover from the impact and get each other out. Almost everyone manages to escape the flaming jet, but Josh is stuck in the cockpit due to there being large roaring flames just outside of that part. Levi, using his M4 carbine he had quickly retrieved from the impact, rushes over to the cockpit and is about to fire into the glass to free Josh, but realizes that the gun isn't loaded.

"Someone! Grab me a mag in the jet!" Levi yells to everyone.

"The jet's on fire!" Collin responds, not sure what Levi is thinking.

"Josh is trapped!" This time everyone knows that Levi has a good reason to be urgently alarmed.

Timmy, who's near an opening in the jet, rushes back into the flaming metal carcass to retrieve Levi's gun bag. He flips over numerous seats and tables, dodging the flames that dance around him. With quick speed, Timmy finds the gun bag and rushes out of the jet just as a large part of it is further engulfed in bigger flames.