Chapter 47 - Totally Smitten

Start from the beginning

She had really changed over the years. I could see the happiness glowing in her eyes rather than the sadness of holding onto something that would never happen.

I smiled and shook my head, "Only if you forgive me, Ms. Ramos."

"Fine, fine." She rolled her eyes with a grin, waving her fingers in the air to emphasize her words.

"Then it's settled." I caught her off guard when I pulled her into a hug. She hesitantly placed her arms around my body to hug me back. I'm glad that we're on a much steady ground to the path of a strong friendship.

I could finally breathe again knowing that little chapter of our lives have been forever sealed shut and now we could look forward to a greater future.

"Anyway, what are you doing here?" I asked after we pulled apart. That was a question I should have asked a while ago. I guess I was too caught up in apologizing to her. I found it weird that she would be here during Diego's game. They were never that close and I'm sure it would have slipped his mind to invite her to his game.

"Diego is dating my sister." She responded with a shrug like it was no big deal. I mean, yeah it was no big deal but I'm shocked to the core.

I always thought she was an only child, you know, daddy's little girl; like me. She never struck me as the one to have a younger sibling. Although, I don't know anything deep about her like family relationships and stuff.

"Wait... your sister is the Harmony?" I queried, hoping I heard wrong but all my doubts faded away when she nodded her head with a small smile.

There was no reason to doubt her anyway. She seemed genuinely honest.

Staring at her intently now, I could see the semblance between them. I haven't seen Harmony in person yet but Diego sent us photos of her when they started dating, and I saw their photos together as a happy couple on Instagram from Diego's official account.

I couldn't wait to meet her in person.

"Damn... I mean, whoa! I did not expect that at all." I told her, still trying to recover from my shock.

"It seems unbelievable, I know. We don't communicate very often but it didn't severe our sisterly bond. She was off chasing her dream in another country while I chased mine. We lived under the same roof until I reached the age of 18 and I was off shedding blood for money." She mumbled with a distant look in her eyes.

The emotions that withheld in those brown orbs was undecipherable. It shook me to my soul. I didn't expect her to open up so easily when we were just patching things up between us.

"It's kind of ironic when your parents are wealthy but you just gotta do the things you love."

I hummed in understanding. I didn't know what to say. Our conversation just seemed to cut corners into a deeper subject that threatened to unleash past wounds. She cleared her throat awkwardly and blinked her eyes to clear the emotions away from them. They disappeared and were replaced with the glee from earlier.

"I gotta go now." She announced after getting a text from someone and quickly typing back a reply. "Apparently I have a conference call this very moment and thank goodness I brought my laptop with me on this trip. That would be a lot easier."

I nodded with a smile as she got ready to walk away, her gaze fixated on her phone, "Alright then, take care of yourself."

"I will. Thanks again, Sienna. I'm grateful for the opportunity to be your friend. It means a lot." She beamed, seeming happy at the idea of us being friends. I honestly love it and I'm sure we were gonna be great friends, setting our differences aside.