Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

"You know you could have just called Ginny Chad's wife right? Believe it or not, I do understand the journey Ginny took in getting that title," Carlos snorted.

"Oh shut it," Jane shook her head. "You know you're not supposed to tease me on my graduation day?"

"Says who?! And will you open your loot already?"

Dude barked softly as if agreeing with Carlos and Jane gave both her boys a small smile.

"Of course, my apologies for holding us up," she said before picking up the box and opening it. "Oh Carlos! It's beautiful!"

"I made it with my 3D printer," Carlos said as Jane picked up the bracelet that had been inside the box. "Do you really like it?"

"I love it," Jane said as she slid the bracelet on. "You and jewelry made from your 3D printer. How do you always manage to make the perfect thing?"

"Call it a gift," Carlos told her, though his voice sounded a bit softer than normal. "Did...did you read what was on it?"

"Oh!" Jane exclaimed. "I'm so sorry Carlos, I didn't. Let me do that, but you didn't have to engrave anything on it. It's beautiful as is! Okay, let's see, oh here it is! Jane, will you marry me...?"

Jane's voice trailed off as she looked back over at Carlos, who had pulled another small box from his pocket.

"Jane...you know that being from the Isle, we were never taught how to express ourselves well so I apologize if this is a rubbish proposal but here I go. I love you, mouse. I love the way your eyes light up every time you learn something new about your magic, I love the way you can sit and listen to me talk about animals or tech for hours, I love the way you can see the positives in everything. Hell, I loved the way you would squeak out of nervousness when we first met. I love you, you're one of my best friends along with my girlfriend and I never want to be apart from you. We have a saying on the Isle that if you want something, you take it. Well...I'd like to take a life with you if you'll have me. Jane...will you marry me?"

Jane gasped as Carlos opened the box to show one of the most beautiful rings she could have ever imagined. If she were the type to compare it to maybe Mal's or Ginny's ring, she might have been disappointed but she wasn't.

She loved the golden band with the solitary blue gem in the center, the sides of the band embedded with diamonds. Though not all the way, actually it looked as if the diamonds stopped halfway down the band which Jane found she preferred.

"Um...Jane?" Carlos said softly and Jane flushed as she realized Carlos was still waiting for an answer.

"Yes! Yes I'll marry you Carlos," Jane nodded and Carlos grinned as he gently pulled the ring out of the box and slid it onto her finger.

"Let me guess, you made it on your 3D printer?" Jane asked with a small chuckle as she admired the ring.

Carlos flushed slightly but shook his head. "No...um Clay actually took me ring shopping last weekend. I knew I wanted to propose to you and he wanted to do something brotherly...now that we actually could do something like that."

"You couldn't on the Isle?" Jane asked as she looked over at her fiancé. Gods, that was so nice to think, let alone say. In all honesty she was surprised she was engaged—after all, she spend all of her school days thinking no guy would want her.

Who could blame her though? Compared to Audrey and Lonnie, and even Mal, Uma, and Evie when they arrived to Auradon Prep, she was just a plain Jane no one gave a second look to. But now she had arguably one of the best fiancés a woman could ask for.