Speechless

Ink's POV

  I zipped my suitcase and looked out the window of the dorm. Snow was falling and students were beginning to leave for the holidays as our winter break had finally started. I had a plane ticket that was for my trip home as I wanted to spend the time off with my family.

  I heard a yawn which drew me in the direction that it came from. I saw that Error had woken up and he was sitting on his bed while rubbing his face. He noticed me and gave me a morning hello.

Error: What time do you leave?

  Using my fingers, I gave him seven in count. He nodded before leaning against the wall on the other side of his bed. I continued to finish my packing, mentally keeping track of needed things for the trip. I thought quietly before snapping to get Error's attention.

Error: What is it?

Me: "Were you able to find your hanukkiah?"

Error: Yeah. I found it in my rented storage. Luckily I was able to find it before Hanukkah started.

  He said while showing me a picture that he had taken of the multi-branched candelabra neatly wrapped in bubble wrap in a box.

Me: "What are your plans?"

Error: On the eighth day, I am going to FaceTime my family and do recitations, prayers, and songs with them since they don't want to leave Argentina and I don't have the means to get there since my passport expired.

He shrugged yet he had a somewhat sad expression that he couldn't go home to celebrate Hanukkah with his family. I patted his knee lightly before standing from the floor. I took a secure grip of my suitcase and headed to the dorm door. Error met me there, shaking off his tiredness.

Error: I'll see you later. Have fun.

  He said to me, pulling me into a hug. I blushed and leaned into his chest to enjoy his warmth before having to leave. After a few seconds we pulled away and smiled. I gave him a silent wave and left.

(Time Skip)

  I woke up in an unfamiliar bed. I quickly panicked but then realized that I was in my childhood bedroom at home. When I arrived at my house the day before, I reunited my parents and then immediately crashed in my bed and fell asleep.

  A quiet groan came from me as I shifted to grab my phone from the nightstand. I checked my notifications and saw that I had a video message from Error that was sent to me yesterday. Tapping on the small box, I opened the app and played the video.

  I saw Error's hanukkiah in the video. Then, he took the ninth candle centered in the middle and used it to light the first. When the candle was lit, I heard Error speak out a small cute "yay" before ending the video. I smiled at the video before turning off my phone and getting out of bed.

  Walking down the stairs, I saw my mother cooking breakfast and I even saw my grandmother in there with her. The two women were talking and laughing with one another as they did their part for breakfast. I hugged my mother from behind and kissed the top of her head.

Mom: Good morning, Ink

  She greeted me sweetly. I tapped her shoulder, letting her know that I had a something to tell her. She turned her attention to me and waited patiently for my hand signs.

Me: "Where is dad?"

Mom: He went to the store to get last minute things. He should be home any second now.