"absurd! we completely underestimated her!"

"stop fighting and just look, fuckers!"

"shhh.." he hushed again.

she gulped.

their bodies were touching, their heartbeats could be heard, their faces were too close, she could smell him — they both felt vulnerable with each other.

she avoided his gaze until she could still feel his hand on her mouth. albedo got her signal and removed it, then suddenly, they were both catching their breath. it seemed like the tiredness kicked in very late.

"what did you do to them?" he asked, whispering.

he was too close – too close that she couldn't breathe properly.

"i– i they started it..."

"what?" he leaned closer and that caught her off-guard, she immediately closed her eyes with nervousness. "oh, sorry about that. what did you say?"

she pulled herself together, looking at him with uneasiness. "they started it — i was having a bad morning when they catcalled me, i swore at the guy and kneed his you know... the audacity of those to get mad when they started everything! my god, i hate people like them —-!"

her complaint was cut short when albedo covered her mouth again.

"wha – hmp!" she resisted, freeing herself from his grasp but he was tougher. "what're you doi – !"

"did you hear that?!"

"absolutely! i think it was that girl!"

"go find her!"

they were looking at each others' eyes, too busy to even notice their racing heartbeats. no one moved an inch, they were praying not to get caught as the thugs searched the area mindlessly.

he slowly removed his hand but he's still motioning her to keep quiet.

the five whole minutes that felt like eternity finally came to an end and as soon as they heard their footsteps vanishing along with the air, they both left the hiding spot to FINALLY catch their breath.

"god..." she mumbled, massaging her knees. "that was close..."

"next time when something like that happens, call me."

she looked at him. "y'know i can handle myself, it's just that there were five of them."

"that's why you need to call me."

"i have friends."