"ah, you're the girl." y/n pursed her lips together, all she could think about ella was her brother, b/n, borrowed her notes for this woman. "it would take five minutes to complete your order. please patiently wait on that table, thank you."

"you know, your brother usually gives me an extra croissant whenever i order..."

y/n raised her brows, "my brother's not here."

"i know — i've heard the news about aunt m/n, i hope she gets well soon." ella continued, "also did ningguang mention that i'm the student who will replace you?"

"she didn't.."

"well it's actually me!" ella exclaimed, chuckling. "don't worry, i'll do well for you, sis y/n."

y/n sighed, "the total amount is (desired amount)"

"ah! i totally forgot about that. b/n sometimes won't let me pay even a cent."

ella's voice and her words were totally getting on y/n's nerves — she let out another sigh and bit her inner cheek in order to hide her frustration over the girl. then, she wondered, how did her brother fall for her? does she acts differently whenever she's with him or her brother is just a plain naive high school student who doesn't know the difference between love and infatuation?

well, it's not that she herself have any idea what's the difference between the two; so she shrugged her shoulders and smiled at the woman. "you look like you came from a rich family."

"my family owns a business! do you know that luxurious boutique near the school? my family owns it."

"do they give you an allowance or something?"

"of course, they do! i'm still a minor and still living under the same roof with them." ella bragged.

"then, why are you still indirectly asking for free food?"

ella's expression paled, "h-huh?"

"it's nothing, i said you look good." y/n mumbled with sarcasm, and her expression turned more sour and tired when she spotted the customer behind ella. she motioned the blonde to slightly move sideways to give way for the next customer.

she tilted her head, "welcome to (cafe name), can i get your order?"

albedo looked at the menu for a second before answering. "what would you recommend?"

her face contorted with annoyance, she looked at him again before sighing. "given that we have lots of flavors here, may i ask what suits your taste?"

he pursed his lips for a moment. "it doesn't matter — i want what you would recommend."