twenty-two

>CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: THE AFTERMATH<

Saera and Daemon were still wearing their wedding attires - the faint smell of dragon permeated through the air

Saera and Daemon were still wearing their wedding attires - the faint smell of dragon permeated through the air. The entire council was rigid, not seeming to understand the calamity of the situation. "An explanation would suffice." Viserys opened his mouth, disappointed with his brother.

"Nyke jorrāelagon zirȳla, lēkia. (I love her, brother)" he reasoned, keeping his fingers entwined with his wife's. "I am your king. You will address me properly." he raised his voice, feeling betrayed with their lack of judgment. "We married in the sight of our gods, and the tradition of our family, your grace." Saera replied quickly - not wanting to anger her father.

Viserys placed a hand on his forehead - in a state of confusion.

"May I remind you that you are married, Saera. To Ser Harwin, who has been kind." Lord Lyonel clears his throat - earning a bitter chuckle from Saera. He bore respect for his good-daughter, but not enough of it to stomach this betrayal. "Things have been put to right, your grace." She ignored Lyonel.

"Put to right, princess? I do not understand your judgment - when you have betrayed your children, husband and the faith." Viserys scolded, trying to ignore his brother's glare. Saera rests her hand on her husband's shoulder. "We have done no wrong. It is my right to take as many spouses as I wish. It is what Aegon the Conqueror did with his sister-wives." she argued,

The doors burst open behind them, her eyes widened slightly as she realized that it was Ser Harwin - fuming with rage. Viserys' eyes narrowed - a silent understanding that none of the three would go down without a fight. "Is it true?" he asked softly, taking a step forward to gather Saera's hands - but she moved away. "I am your husband, Saera." he pointed at her - scolding her.

"You are not the only one, Harwin." Daemon points his sword at the man.

Lord Lyonel pulls his son to the side - whispering a string of words in his ears. With every word, his face became redder and redder - until the anger was too much to bear. He draws his sword - aiming it at the Rogue Prince, but Daemon pushes him down with ease.

King Viserys stands up, and everyone's attention turns to him.

"You are all dismissed - I request for Princess Saera, Prince Daemon and Ser Harwin to remain." he clears his throat. The people of this realm had their own opinions about the monarchs that governed them - but he'd be damned if the people of his council had their reservations about his family.

Saera sat down in the middle of her two-husbands, playing nervously with her necklace. She was afraid that her father would exile her uncle, leaving her alone in the den of vipers. "Why did you do it, my daughter?" Viserys' voice softened, attempting to appeal to his daughter. "I love him, kepa." she confessed, not wanting to spend another moment hovering over the subject.