" Gryffindor, obviously." Again, Ron was soon consumed in an air of misery. " Mom and dad were in it as well. You can say it's a family tradition. I don't know what they'll say if I'm not in it. Well, Ravenclaw doesn't seem bad but imagine being in Slytherin."

As he finished, the compartment was suddenly filled with an air of tenseness coming from the girl near the door who was spending her time reading peacefully until she heard an insult to her house. Realizing what he had just said, Ron slapped his slapped his mouth, covering his panic expression while Harry could only stare at Xing, observing her reaction.

Xing cleared her throat before standing up, " I'll go change into my robes first. Have fun."

Ron slumped into his chair after Xing left, " I messed up."

Harry not knowing what had happened, only look at Ron in confusion. " Xing's in Slytherin?"

" Yeah."

" But... Hagrid says that wizards from Slytherin are all bad. How can Xing be in that house?"

Ron nodded, " She might not seem like it but don't anger her or you'll be traumatized for the rest of your days...Well, it makes sense... I heard all of her family were in Slytherin."

Harry took a minute to process the information. Xing, the person he met yesterday who seemed like a girl a bit mature for her age was in the house for dark wizards? That's definitely something he hasn't thought about. " She didn't tell me."

Ron shrugs, " She wouldn't tell you if you don't ask. That's Xing for you, mate."

" Yesterday, she was with a bl--" Before Harry can finish, the door to the compartment was slide open.

The two instinctively peek out to see who the newcomer was only to see a blonde followed by two other boys. This was the boy he met yesterday!

The blonde boy step into the compartment, staring at him, " I heard Harry Potter is here, so it's you."

" Yes," Harry answered, looking past the boy to the other two. He subconsciously gulped, remembering the time he was bullied at school because of Dudley.

Noticing where he was looking, Draco introduced them. " This here is Crabbe and Goyle. My name's Draco, Draco Malfoy."

Ron who was seating unnoticed tried to cover up his sniggering but it was unsuccessful. Draco, who heard him, sneered. " Think my name's funny? No need for introduction, my father told me about the Weasleys. Red hair, freckled and too many children that they can't support."

Draco then turned to Harry, " Potter, you'll find out that some wizarding families are better than others. You don't want to go befriending with the wrong people. I can help you." He then extended his hand for Harry to take.

Harry opened his mouth, preparing to deny his proposal when he was interrupted with a voice. Draco who was confidently standing there felt a shiver as a shadow loom over his figure and before he knows it, the person have already took his and turn him around to face them. " Now, we don't go disrespecting other people during the first meeting, young Malfoy."

Harry and Ron who saw that Xing was back, subconsciously let out a relief breathe.

Draco who was almost in Xing's embrace could see the Slytherin's badge stitched on her robes, and felt his cheeks flushed at the proximity. Slowly moving his eyes up, Draco was met with her stern eyes, a sight that he was not used to. Feeling like a little child, Draco could only stare at the ground in shame.

Seeing how embarrassed he is, Xing slightly draw him close for a hug of comfort before releasing him. " Why don't you go back to the compartment, Draco? Crabbe, Goyle?" Xing then ushered the three to the door, before they left, Xing leaned down to whisper something into Draco's ear.

She then turned around and reenter the compartment, " Apologies, Draco got spoiled by his parents too much. I apologize on his behalf."

" Of course he's a Malfoy. I heard from my dad that his fa--"

" Ron," Xing grind her teeth, warning him. " Why don't you guys go change into your robes? We should be arriving soon."

Seeing her anger building up, the two obediently went out to change into their uniform. For the remaining of the trip, the trio spent their time in complete silence, the boys not daring to utter a word.

When the train have stopped, the trio stepped down from the train getting greeted by a cheerful Hagrid. Before leaving, Xing took the time to explain to them about the route that they'll about to go on before leaving to enter one of the carriages that would take her to the school directly.

Once she was in the carriage, she leaned against the glass window, " House rivalry already. This year's definitely going to be a mess." Xing then closed her eyes to collect her thoughts before other people boarded the carriage.

" You look like a dead fish already, Xing." A new voice commented as they enter the carriage.

Xing chuckled, " What a pleasing way to greet each other, Wood."