I hurriedly turn to the backseat of the car and see my familiar silver suitcase. "What the hell . . ." I flipped back around in the passenger seat and my brows scrunched together. "you went through my stuff? How the hell did you even get into my apartment with no key? Did you even pack the right things? I don't know how you people in Halence do things but here on Earth clothes are supposed to match you can't just throw a bunch of shit in a suitcase and call it a day 'Mr. Cargo pants."

He blinks at me with those piercing almond-shaped eyes, crispy yellow flakes in his already golden-brown eyes almost as eerily creepy as this fog we drove through.

"You talk a lot." was all he said to me.

I folded my arms across my chest. "And you're bad at explaining things so I guess we both have our flaws."

"There's nothing to explain. I'm taking you to Halence because that's what was asked of me by The Order, you were knocked unconscious because you decided to fight a Cramoth on your own and nearly cracked your skull open in the process. I packed you some clothes and now we're headed to Halence. It's that fucking simple."

"But how did you get into my apartment?" I asked him.

"The same as anyone," he shrugged those shoulders again. "I broke the door down."

My eyes widened at his words. "Oh my God are you insane? My landlord is gonna kill me. He already doesn't like me."

"Gee, I wonder why."

My top lip curled into a snarl and I was about to let out a few choice of words for the annoying wolf but he reached out the radio in front of us and let the music take over the far drowning out anything that came out my mouth before returning his attention to the foggy road in front of us. Bitch.

I shook my head at him, arms folding across my chest again as I leaned into the passenger seat. The fog barely clears up the longer we drive, and the view is blurred like an old painting; it could be a great work drawn by expert hand but I'm no artist and I doubt the big bad wolf beside me knows how to hold a pencil correctly. The grassy fields and the trees are silhouetted black, two-dimensional. It doesn't smell right at all it smells of nothing but the damp trees not yet in bloom. Without the fumes of the traffic, its odor is as fresh as any meadow without a tincture of grass. Where the hell are we?

"How much longer until we reach Halence?" I found my voice again after an hour of silence, my eyes were glued to the windows seeing absolutely nothing but grassy fields.

"Reaching Halence isn't about time," he started, leaning back in the driver seat with one hand on the wheel. There's an effortless suave to him but then he turns to me with a look of disdain frown on his face and suddenly I don't see it anymore. "there's only two ways to get to Halence from the mortal world."

I raised a brow at him. "Really? My father used to go whenever he pleased."

"Your father was a man with a seat at The Order. They're granted these specially made rings enchanted with an ability that allows them to open portals whenever they please, but for us regular folks we have to find ley lines and let them guide us in," he answered and I let the information settle in my brain. I never really knew that about the rings but then again I never cared enough about Halence to question how to get there in the first place.

"Wait," I paused and turned to him again. "your father also has the seat at The Order. Why not just borrow his ring instead of having us pls Dora The Explorer in the middle of nowhere?"