MINJU'S BEGINNING

"Mum! Minju's taken my egg again!"

Minho scowled as the younger girl grinned, popping the egg into her mouth before poking out her tongue, obviously pleased at annoying him.

Whilst Minju was relatively timid and gentle around others, with her older brothers, she was a chaotic, loud and irritating sister. Yet, the boys loved her to bits, and were firm about protecting her as much as they possibly could.

"Han Minju, you had your own egg, you just had to steal you brother's?" Their mother smiled, refraining from rolling her eyes seeing as it was a daily occurence.

"I was hungry," The girl answered, shrugging her shoulders. "I'm a high school student, Mum, I need all the energy I can get,"

"Yeah, well, when have you seen me stealing your eggs back when I was in high school?" Han Minwoo, the oldest of the three siblings grumbled, his tie loose around his neck, shirt untucked as he began to eat.

"Your problem, not mine,"

"Yes, well, speaking of high school," Their father's voice brought their attention to the man with glasses, reading a newspaper as he ate dubu jorim. "Minju, have you decided what you're going to major in?"

All eyes turned to the fifteen year old, who squirmed slightly in her seat. The truth was, she knew what she wanted to be, her dream was everything she was working for, but as to how her parents and brothers would react was the ticking bomb.

"I," She began, her voice trailing off. "I want to become an actress," She mumbled, her eyes dropping to her lap, cheeks burning.

A silence engulfed the room as the four registered the youngest's words.

An actress. 

It wasn't that there was anything wrong with the profession, or the lack of Minju's skills for she had performed in a majority of her school's plays and shows, but choosing it as a career option was rather... dangerous.

"Minju, you understand that becoming an actress is very 50-50," Minwoo said carefully. "And it isn't even guaranteed that you'll make it,"

"I know that," Minju muttered. "But it's my dream, the one thing I want to do badly. Will you really stop me from doing it?"

"No," Minho leaned back in his chair, analysing his younger sister. "But if you don't make it, you have to pull yourself together and move on, understand?"

The Han girl looked at her parents, both of whom seemed to agree with the middle Han brother's words. In their family, nothing was ever sugarcoated.

"I understand,"

2 YEARS LATER

"Han Minju,"

"Yes, sir,"

The girl wrung her hands together as she waited anxiously for her evaluation. She had spent two years at Lavender Entertainment practicing to become an actress and each day she was getting closer.

She was often praised for her exceptional skills, marked as an extraordinary trainee, yet when the Evaluations Director had pulled her into his office, she could not help but wonder what was going through his head.

"You're a brilliant trainee, one of the best we have ever had for an actress and there is no doubt that you'd be perfect on screen, but," He glanced up at her.

"I think you're more cut out to be an idol instead,"

"What?"

An idol? 

The thought had been merely a bud when she thought about switching from becoming an actress to an idol instead yet as the Director said the words, the bud had bloomed into a glimmering flower. 

"The singing that you did for one of your evaluations, everyone was shocked, and they were all wondering why you hadn't been placed as an idol trainee! I personally think you should switch, Minju, what do you say?"

The girl paused. An actress was what she had gone in hoping for, but an becoming an idol seemed to bring adrenaline to her veins, provide her a feeling she had never felt.

"I'll do it,"