The First Day After Him

Roseanne woke up late. It was 11:48 AM, and she woke up only because of her loud ringtone- her boyfriend's favourite song. Well, ex boyfriend. He was the reason she woke up so late.

He was toxic and manipulative, and though Rose was stubborn and energetic, she never managed to detach herself from him; there was just something about him that made her weaker, and she was never able to initiate a break up with him, despite doing it easily in the past. They had broken up last night, and he stormed off at exactly 1:57 AM, and she spent 2 or 3 hours crying after that, and it was another 1 or 2 before she slept.

She looked at the contact name with red, puffy eyes; Jisoo unnie. She half smiled and dismissed the call. She wasn't ready to tell the girls yet. The girls. Jisoo, Jennie and Lisa- her lifelines. Through every heartbreak and every triumph, they'd been there for her, especially Lisa. She was definitely gonna cry when Rose had to tell her.

Rose walked over to her bathroom and picked up her toothbrush. It was pink. A lot of the things in her house were pink. In fact, because of this whole thing with the color pink, her boyfriend broke up with her. Well, not exactly, but it was enough to cause a painful pang in her stomach. She got done with her regular routine and had breakfast, a piece of toast with strawberry jam. She got 3 more calls- and then the girls gave up and texted her instead, telling her to go to Jennie's house at 5 PM. Rose responded with an "OK". Now, how the hell was she gonna tell them?

She looked through her phone and spent the next few hours deleting photos of him and her together... And ended up crying. Typical... She was always like this after a break up.

Sooner than she could tell, it was 4:30. She threw on a green sweater and an old pair of not-that-short-denim-shorts and brushed her long, soft baby pink hair. She was ready by 4:49, and she set out.

By car, Jennie's house was only 15 minutes away, so she made it just a few minutes after 5. She knocked and Lisa answered; they were all in there. Lisa escorted her to the couch, and Rose didn't need to say anything. Her lips quavered as they all stared at her in concern, and they knew what happened immediately. Lisa started to tear up at the sight of her best friend, who was crying by now. They all ended up sobbing on the carpet (except Jisoo).

When they stopped, it was Jennie who broke the silence.

" Let's get coffee."

And she rose from her black and white carpet. Jisoo followed suit, and then Lisa, who helped Rose up.

They all looked to her, and Rosie knew they were waiting for a confirmation, so she choked out a response, sounding rough because she hadn't spoken since the yelling match of last night.

"Sure, let's go. Starbucks?"