Episode 1 |Mere Silence

Start from the beginning

She hummed with her eyes still fixated on the ranging blaze growing every passing moment.

With a slight frown Lisa turned to the direction of her gaze making her face contort in fear and shock.

"I-I bought butterscotch. You love this right? Let's eat it.", her forcefully cheered tone reflected hesitation, as she extended her hand towards y/n.

Y/n's gaze finally turned to Lisa and then gradually landed on the ice-cream cups she had in her hand.

Looking at her with a blank glance, she slowly took the cup from her.

A smile of relief spread across Lisa's lips as she immediately held onto the latter's hand.

"I knew you would feel good coming to the park. We can come here often from now on okay? And you won't stress out yourself with the work anymore!", Lisa insisted, walking her towards their shared house.

"Ah! Why don't you just take some days off? We can spend those days together. We can go eat some street food. Even the amusement park sounds nice, right?", her face gleamed with excitement as she suggested, looking at y/n.

Giving her friend no response, y/n silently walked like a living corpse, mechanically taking small bites from the ice-cream cup.

Lisa's smile dropped for a moment as she saw her once bright and optimistic friend being shadowed by darkness and dismay. Yet she again pulled a bright smile on her face.

Y/n did a lot for her. Now she wants to do something for her friend.

"Ah. It's not possible right? How would you take an off for so long? It's okay. We can just go home for now and I will cook you your favorite kimchi rice. You like it a lot right?", she chirped happily yet y/n was quietly walking besides her.

Did she listen to her? Maybe she didn't? Or maybe she couldn't.

Lisa kept talking the entire time till they both eventually reached their house.

"Go and take a bath. I'll cook the dinner till then.", Lisa chirped with a smile and stalked directly to the kitchen.

Slowly walking, y/n made her way upstairs, towards her room.

Directly making her way inside the bathroom, she stripped, letting the tub fill, before settling down in the warm water.

Her chin rested over her bare knees, arms wrapped around her legs.

No account of time was there, as she kept blankly staring at the wash basin, intent orbs not moving an inch away.

The occasional splashing of water slowly died down and complete silence occupied the place.

Her grip on her knees tightened every passing second, eyes intensely gawking at the same single spot.

Splash!

Climbing out of the tub, she reached the wash basin with an abrupt motion.

Opening the first drawer, a sharp metal piece came into sight. A stray smile curved her lips at her reflection on the lustrous metallic piece.

Her intent orbs stared completely fixated on the sharp blade. Her slender fingers slowly reached for the blade when.....

"Y/n?"

Lisa's voice from outside the bathroom made her hands halt from any further movements.

"I have placed your clothes outside on the bed.", her voice echoed through the door.