The World needs Justice ! (or just a therapy) (2)

Start from the beginning

Fors : Damn, he's cool. Is that really Mr. World ?

Fors turned to her friend.

Leonard : Damn, why is that guy so cool ? He is the true protagonist of this era.

[Klein raised his left hand and rubbed away his two eyes. The real eyes that hid beneath were moved back to their original spots.

His brown eyes had blurred up. He curled the corners of his mouth bit by bit and said to the already dead Ince Zangwill softly :

« This shot is for Captain. »

He didn't give Ince Zangwill a chance to leave any last words. He had no wish to know what bitter past the latter had experienced.

He then took out one remaining tarot card from his pocket and threw it on Ince Zangwill's corpse.

It was an inverted The Star card.

At this moment, a figure appeared not far from him. He bent down and picked up the darkened quill.

This figure wore a simple white robe and had a pale gold beard that covered half his face. On his chest hung a silver cross as though he was the most ordinary priest, but he was the King of Angels, Adam !

Adam looked at Klein and said with a genial smile :

« Unfortunately, I failed to retain the snake. »

He looked at the quill in his hand and then at the tarot card. He smiled and added :

« A price is always exacted for what fate bestows, isn't that so ? »

With that said, he turned around and slowly disappeared from the ruined square with each step he took. He left the following words as though he sang it :

« Under the witness of a Spectator, Klein Moretti completed a grand performance, directing a magical murder. With that, he managed to digest his potion with enough energy left to attempt an advancement before the curtains fell. »]

Xio : Was Mr. Fool allied with Adam ?

[Klein didn't take in the feeling of his Marionettist potion's digestion and the corresponding feedback. With a Flaming Jump, he arrived in front of Daly Simone.

The lady was already on the brink of losing control. She said in a daze :

« I don't want to become a monster... »

« Alright... »

Klein looked at her with a sorrowful gaze as he quickly thought of the means to rescue a Rampager.

He had considered getting her to chant The Fool's honorific name before pulling her Spirit Body above the gray fog, but with her body already mutating, it was apparently useless. The only way was for Daly to choose to remain there forever. As for the Flower of Blood, it was also unable to resolve such problems.

Daly smiled with great difficulty as she resisted the white feathers and pitch-black scales that kept growing out of her.

« So it's you...
Didn't you ask me why I didn't take the initiative to confess to Dunn, to throw him in bed ? »

She gasped for air and said with a bitter smile :

« I had indulged myself too much in the past. H-he was a conservative man. I-I felt inferior. »

She couldn't hold out much longer, with the outcome of her becoming a monster happening at any moment.

At this moment, she heard Klein Moretti reply :

« Captain actually liked you too, very much. Because you were too outstanding and young, he felt inferior as well. »

Daly smiled as her blurry gaze saw a man in a black trench coat with a receding hairline. He had dark gray eyes. She watched as he pressed his hand to his chest, bent down, and reached out his palm to invite her to a dance.