⤹27❁ The notes

Hello again! Hope everything is okay! I promised a chapter this weekend so here we are!

__________

"I cannot believe you did this." My voice trembles with anger as I say those words out loud.

Nathan stares at me, panicked, with his back still hunched and his fingers frozen at the gap at the bottom of the door. As soon as he sees me turn around to escape his presence, his capacity to speak seems to return in no time.

"Davina, wait!" he pleads, rushing after me. "I didn't write it. I promise."

My rage takes over. I come to an instatneous halt and turn to face him. "Then who!? Who fucking did, Nathan, because clearly you seem to know!"

He lets out a heavy breath, allowing his shoulders to slump. "Kai did."

My mind boggles. "Kai? As in your friend Kai and Will's roommate Kai?"

He nods his head. "Yes. That Kai."

"But why?" I ask, flabbergasted.

Nathan seems slightly confused. "Why am I delivering his notes or why did he write them?"

"Both," I spit, impatient.

"It's because–"

"Actually, do you know what?" I interrupt him. "I don't want to hear it. You've lied to me. You knew who it was." I shake my head. "Just leave me alone."

"But–"

"I need time, Nathan." I stare at him, downright upset. "Or I'm going to say something I don't mean, and I'd rather not."

He looks at me, defeated. "I'm sorry."

"No, I am sorry. I'm sorry you don't respect me enough to be honest with me."

At the sound of my words something in his expression changes rapidly as if I flipped some sort of switch within him.

"I don't respect you enough to be honest with you?" His voice is full of disbelief and accusation as he raises his brows at me. "What about the time you decided to go on a sex phone app and mingle with Reyman?"

"You did not just bring that up. I thought we were past this." I shake my head, frustrated.

"I am past this, but I won't let you point a finger at me for doing something I thought would help you, because at least I lied for a good reason, not a selfish one." He clenches his teeth and stares at me intensely.

"So you think I'm selfish?"

An angry growl climbs up his throat. "God! Do you even hear yourself? One fucking day with Reyman and you're back to being all about yourself. I'm fucking done. I'm fed up with this," he spits with anger and walks past me, most likely heading to his dorm.

My eyes brim with tears. Maybe I shouldn't have been so harsh right away. Maybe I should have asked for more explanation before concluding that he did it to hurt me. Truth be told, Nathan is the only person who always cared for me no matter what.

I turn around to say something, to halt him, but when I do, he's already gone.

I'm fucking done. His words thunder loudly in my ears.

More tears pool in my eyes. It's becoming too difficult to wipe them as they stream incessantly.

I decide to run down the stairs and speak to him before he reaches his dorm. Every step seems like a trap as I dart anxiously to catch up with him.

"Nathan!" I yell as I spot him marching angrily towards his dorm.

Having heard my voice, he turns his head behind his shoulder and looks away just as fast. "I don't want to hear any apologises. Not until you've spoken with Kai."

"But–"

"You don't even know why I did what I did. And you didn't give me a chance to explain it to you. So now, go and talk to him, and when you understand why I did this, then we can talk," he mutters bluntly and opens the door, only to slam it shut behind him moments later.

Defeated, I let out a heavy breath and start trudging downstairs. I'm so pissed off with myself and Kai and Nathan and Will and every living thing because why on earth does everything has to be so complicated? Why am I even pissed off with Will? I don't know.

Lost in my own thoughts, I don't even realize when I reach the bottom step and that's when I bump into someone.

"I'm sorry," he says automatically, and then his eyes widen as though he had a ghost in front of him.

"Oh, Ambrose. Hi. I'm sorry. I wasn't looking," I blabber, placing a hand to my forehead.

He says nothing. Instead, he quickly brushes past me and it seems like he doesn't even know where he's going. Like he doesn't even care where he's going.

"Hey!" I shout after him.

My voice stops him. His hand grips harder into the railing. Eventually, he turns around to look at me.

"Why do you always seem so terrified when I try talking to you?" I ask, equally confused and intrigued.

His lips part but he doesn't say a single word. Then his mouth closes and opens again, as if he was having an inner dilemma of whether to speak his mind.

"Well. . . um. . . I. . ." he struggles.

"You. . ?" I ask, raising my eyebrows at him.

"I gotta go," he gushes and disappears in a blink of an eye.

I'm absolutely stunned. What the hell just happened? I start to believe he might struggle with speaking to women, just like Rajesh did in Big Bang Theory.

Damn you, father. I think to myself. Now I'm making comparisons based on your favourite TV series.

I shake my head, getting rid of the unnecessary train of thought. I need to focus. I need to go and see Kai. I need explanations.

Determined, I use my sleeves to remove the stains created by tears from my cheeks. Finally, I find myself on the desired floor, and then in front on Will's and Kai's room. I knock on the door.

I'm relieved to see that Kai is the one who opens it for me.

"We need to talk." I let myself in.

__________

So what do you think?

Thank you for reading!

Any idea yet who Ambrose might be?