The day when I first saw you

"Babe, why are we here? "

"You think only you can give surprises... And only you are the hopeless romantic, huh? "

"So you remember? "

"How can I forget when you have circled it red on your office calender? "

"Honey... "

"I know, How hideous you were being about it as you were never this cranky about being with me since Venice arrived, it's the day we first met each other in this hotel. "

"Yeah, the best day of my life when I found you like a miracle, I always praise my self for choosing to search here. "

" Indeed, I recall you being covered in blood and I panicked when I saw you. "

We reached the designated area for the candle light dinner at the rooftop, the stars who witnessed us through out and the peace there, I saw Vegas, he was staring at me, and the moment was locked between us, I interlocked our fingers, the wedding rings shining at the lights, can all this be anymore ethereal?

"Vegas? "

"Yes love. "

"I had always been curious, why did you love me so much? Like I wasn't interested in you at first, even rebeled and caused chaos for you, still you never wavered, how come? "

"The first time I saw you, to be honest, it was your appearance that infatuated me, but when you came with a first aid, it was at that moment when I realised I want someone like you in my life, people were there to give me scars but you, for a stranger you were worried about the tiny cuts. And the way food was important for you, and care for others, I might go on and on but every little thing I remember... "

"You are making me emotional.. " I wiped my tears that I had when I saw him talk about his past hurt self, it always makes me tear up, at how much he has suffered all along.

"What about you? I never asked though.... But why did you love me? I am not the best of the man... "

"For me you are, the best man in the world. I don't have a reason to love you, I do just because you are Vegas and I don't need any other explanation for it.. "

He was a bit surprised and he kissed my hand, he doesn't say anything but I knew what he was feeling, he says many things without any filter but is always shy about his inner feelings.

The food was served and he feed me along with himself,  It's been so long since we spend time like this together.

"I had been so bored of your cooking that I am liking this soo much. " I said but regretted instantly as Vegas hand stopped in the middle of eating.

"Are you being serious babe? Okay... I am not gonna cook from  now on... Have this food everyday. " He said putting the fork back on the empty plate.

"I didn't mean to it's just that a change of flavor is necessary for the taste buds. Otherwise your food is better than them. "

"Don't butter up, I know you are not being honest. "

"Vegas.. " I pecked him chastily and he narrowed his eyes, I kissed him again and he tried to hold back a smile, and I kissed him again until he burst out laughing.

"As an apology I have booked the same room for us, we will be here until tomorrow afternoon. "

"Then I can manage to forgive you. " He pulled me closer by my waist and kissed my cheeks, every moment we were having I was happiest, all I had ever wished for was in my life now... Vegas and Venice... And our little happy world... And not to forget Coco too.