"Nice work Gin!" Fred grinned as she spun towards us, the rest of the chatter dying down as Harry spoke up.

"Alright, everyone! We're going to be learning something new today." He explained, everyone's eyes lighting up. "Patronus charms can be really, really difficult, but it's the only thing that can get you away from a dementor. And they're useful for all sorts of dark creatures, just the sight of one can scare away dozens of creatures."

"And they can send messages too." Luna Lovegood added with a smile.

"Right," Harry nodded to her. "We're not going to learn that today, we're just going to focus on conjuring them."

He demonstrated the hand motion and spell for the room a few times, the giant white stag bursting then fading from the room every few minutes before he set everyone to practice.

Luna was the first to get hers, everyone else sputtering out a few clouds of sparkling white smoke before the skinny rabbit skirting through the air, hopping around a few of our heads before returning to the blonde girl who reached her fingers out into it's glow before it evaporated completely. After a few more tries, Ginny was able to produce a large horse which cantered towards Harry's stag, the both of them circling the room a few times before fading away as well.

A light flickered to my left for a second before I noticed the little bird which had landed on my shoulder, seeming to look right into my eyes. I turned towards Fred, a lopsided smile still plastered onto his face as the bird took flight again, meeting up with an identical glowing bird near the ceiling. I glanced over to George who was sharing a grin with Angelina who's mist was beginning to take the form of something at last, although no one could make it out.

Everyone was jumping out of the path of Ernie's boar which was trampling about the room when the door slammed behind us, everyone jumping to look for who had entered. No one appeared, yet everyone was inching side to side as if letting someone through to the center. At last, a small elf appeared, a dozen brown wool hats stacked on top of his head, Hermione's jaw dropped in the corner of my eye.

Harry bent down towards the elf with a smile for only a few seconds before I watched it slip from his face. They whispered a few more seconds before the elf cried out and sprinted towards the nearest wall head first, thankfully bouncing right off thanks to Hermione's hand knitted hats. Harry grabbed the elf firmly with both hands to hold him in place as they talked once more.

"Umbridge?" Harry's voice was more than audible now, nearly a shout. Everyone was listening now as the two talked. "She's coming, Dobby? She's coming now?"

"YES, HARRY POTTER! YES!" The elf screeched, grabbing at it's ears and yanking them down hard.

Harry hardly stilled for a second before his eyes scanned the group before him. "You heard him! Run!"

"Shit." Fred scoffed, grabbing my arm, George ushering Bri and Maddie towards the doorway which was now flooded as everyone pushed to escape before Umbridge appeared.

"Everyone go!" Someone shouted, footsteps on the stone floors echoing all around us as we finally made it out.

"This way!" Fred's hand hadn't left mine since Dobby had shouted. He yanked hard, pulling the two of us towards the library, students zipping one way and another in the emptying halls. It was only ten minutes until curfew, which meant that all of the other students with any common sense were already safely in their dorms. However, it meant that the library doors would be open for us, and if we could only make it to a table, maybe crack open a book before us, no one would be able to prove we had been doing anything wrong.

"Hey!" I felt my fingers slip from Fred's as I skidded to the floor, my chin landing hard on the rough stone, a snicker reaching my ears. I looked back towards the sound, a smirking brown haired boy yanked my arm hard up towards him, his eyes skating up and down my body before he looked to Fred.

Safe With Me ~ Fred Weasleyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें