六.

"Yin?" A breathy voice followed a gentle tap on her slumped shoulder, stirring her attention away from staring straight at the rising sun, "are you okay?"

At the corner of her eye were her two classmates — Yami Nikushimi and Akari Hirakuya. It's been... a week or so, and the lone sorcerer has yet to be able to interact with the two much. Through sneaked glimpses, she couldn't tell apart the significant difference between their dynamic and the first year's.

Even now, the boy appeared to have taken on the more guardian, moral compass role in comparison to the headstrong, gregarious girl. Despite being nigh a head taller than Akari, Yami still had his neck locked in her arm, forced to bend his back over to accommodate her height.

At her unresponsive haze, the shorter would wave a hand over her stony pupils, playfully inquiring her wellness, "Hellooo? Anyone at homee?" From what the gremlin sees, or rather couldn't see, was how her mind appeared to be either vacant or disconnected to her speech.

Half-lidded eyes blinked drily before eventually acknowledging her classmates' care with a reserved nod, "I'm alright."

She thinks to continue the conversation, yet words don't find the exit to a cracked mouth.

Fortunately, Akari was jubilant and energetic enough for the three, lifting the overall energy level by hundreds and hundreds. Though it was still a bit too hectic for her eardrums, she could just fill it with cursed energy to muffle it out a littl—

Oh.

The sutras reflected the energy back onto her own palms like thousands minuscule needles penetrating her skin. Even such simple usage was limited by the binding bandages, converted into a pain she's gotten too familiar with during her 'stay' in the isolation chamber. Although she barely winced, its effects manifest in ichor dyeing the yellowed paper. Yami who managed to notice it at a whim, was quick to point it out, "wait, is your hand okay?" However, when Akari turned her attention to the wrapped hands, the blood had already been absorbed into the inscribed talismans.

"It's okay." Ever an impenetrable fortress, the serpent bore no concern for her fingertips' insensate quivering.

"Ehh, why were ya lookin' at her hand?" Seeing there to be no issues, Akari questioned her classmate mischievously, squeezing him under her arm, "finally admittin' your hand fetish?"

"Oh, shut up." Prying her arm off his neck, Yami's back gave a few cracks of relief upon being straightened again.

Snickering whimsically, the gremlin would 'whisper' to the observing sorcerer, "he's totally in denial."

"Yeah, okay. Back to what we were going to do--"

"OHOH! RIGHT!" Slapped by his reminder, the short girl added, "Yiiiin, do you wanna train with us today?"

Though the question was an undiscussed decision between Akari and Yami, neither seemed to oppose it beyond the boy's quick, surprised glance at the shorter sorcerer. After all, they were, too, fascinated by Ketsuyuki. It's a small school where everyone knows of everyone, more or less; where everyone passes everyone, more or less. Yet, a week has passed since she had begun her 'schooling', and all they know is her name.

Granted, their classes are tailored to individuals, some being more field-based than others. But from what they know, Yaga doesn't even assign them missions as frequently and incessantly, and they're grade 2 sorcerers.

"... Sure," after a few seconds, the lone sorcerer shuffled in her position, interrupting their pending thoughts with her figure. A hand grabbing onto the hem of the uniform jacket, she tugged it back from sliding off, shielding her back.