Book Review: The Song of Achilles

Have you guys read The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller?

Because I have.

And it made me freaking SOB.

Here's the basics:
TSoA is a retelling of The Iliad and the Trojan War. It follows the pov of Patroclus who is exiled from his country when he's twelve. He is then adopted into the kingdom of Phthia where he meets Achilles. They soon become close friends and Patroclus starts to catch feelings. (Yes, it's GAY)

When they're both around seventeen, Greece declares war on Troy for stealing the wife of a Greek king. Achilles and Patroclus join the war effort, and things start getting crazy.

I could literally not put this book down, I loved it so much. It's such a powerful story and I can't get over the characters.

Let me show you a couple quotes that I adore. No spoilers btw:

"This morning he had leapt onto my bed and pressed his nose against mine. 'Good morning,' he'd said."

Phthtpththph words cannot describe how much I love this. I nearly threw the book when I read it.

"I would know it in dark or disguise, I told myself. I would know it even in madness."

"In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless, heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood like a hundred golden urns pouring out of the sun."

Trigger warnings: You will cry. I don't care what you say. *interrupts you saying you won't cry* YOU WILL CRY.

It's largely about a war so if you don't like things like blood or violence, maybe wait on this one. There's also a bit of swearing. Just a bit. There's also a few seggs scenes. I know, I know! I could do without them as well, but I also know that some people enjoy stuff like that o_o so just be warned.

And yeah. It will make you cry. If you don't like crying over books, first of all, are you okay? And second of all, this book made me ugly cry at 10:30 pm so if that's not your thing, move along.

BUT FOR REAL THOUGH. I loved this book. It absolutely destroyed me as well as make me laugh and grin and squeal because Achilles and Patroclus are freaking made for each other.

Overall, I give this book 9.5/10. Absolute classic.