19: Friday

y/n:

The next day my alarm clock woke me up again. I groaned in annoyance, since I was still way to tired to stand up, yet I just turned it off, knowing that I would have to stand up anyways. I just stayed in bed a little longer, enjoying the warmth that the blanket gave me. Then I grabbed my phone, starting to look around some social media pages so I would get awake a bit better. Once I was at least a bit awake I stood up and rolled the shatters up. Then I headed into the bathroom to get ready. Normally I would've been really unmotivated to work today since it was Friday and the weekend was like, already there, but now there was this one thing that kept me going. The end of it. It sounded weird, probably, but it was true. The fact that it would be over in a few days made me keep going.

I went back into my bedroom and got changed into a comfy outfit. Afterwords I went into the living room and just got a bottle of water which I packed into my bag. Once I had everything I would need I headed out, starting to walk to the office. I arrived just ten minutes later and walked in. For once I actually managed it to get early to the office again. I set myself the goal again to work as much as possible. I needed to be ready on next Wednesday, at latest. I was almost sure that I would be ready by there, if there would come nothing in between it. But everything should be done now. There should be nothing bothering me anymore. The only thing that swirled still on my mind was Sky. Or at least when Sky would get out of the hospital and would move to the US. It still made me sad, but I had accepted it. They had already said it, and it was true, they're not out of the world. We can still be there for each other.

<><><>

After a few hours of good working I finally managed it to check the time. For once I was fully concentrated on my work. I didn't even managed it to take a lot breaks. I got my phone out of my pocket. As I saw the time I froze. It was already really late, almost 6pm. I sighed. I was really into my work today. It wasn't bad though. I got my water bottler out of my bag and drank a bit, before I saved my work and turned my computer off. Once I had all of my things back in my bag I stood up and walked out of my room. I just quickly locked the door and headed over to the door. It was already really cold outside, and also dark, so I put on my coat which I just had in my arms until a few seconds ago. I started to walk to my flat, adoring how beautiful Brighton looked in the dark. I could see the sea somewhere a bit farther away and all of the street lamps put the small streets into a warm, orange light.

It looked really beautiful. I just looked forward again since I had already reached the house where I lived in. I started to search in my pocket for my key, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I groaned, knowing it had to be somewhere in my bag. I sat down on the stones, even though it was pretty cold, just to have a better look into my bag. But I couldn't find my keys anywhere. But I got them today's morning, didn't I? Then it appeared to me. I actually didn't. I just left the house without them. Shit. What should I do now? It was too late to call somebody now who could open the door for me, and besides that, I could never call someone because I locked myself out. I would die because of embarrassment.

I really hated that the door's in England were locking on their own. I leaned against the door with my back and stared up into the Sky. It was cold, and I didn't really know what to do now. I couldn't sleep in the streets, but neither could I go inside my house. So, what was I supposed to do? There was only one person that I could ask. I really didn't want to bother him again, but I guessed I had no other opportunity than to ask Wilbur if I could spend the night at his place. I searched for my phone in my pocket. I should text him. But on the other hand that would take too long. What if he doesn't see it today? Or pretty late? It was literally really cold. I should've at least brought a warmer jacket.

I quickly dialed his number. It didn't took too long until he accepted the call. "Hey y/n, what's up?" he asked. He seemed to be alright again. I waited a second, thinking this was kind of embarrassing. "Well, uhm, I think I just locked myself out. I don't really know what to do, so I thought I could probably stay at your place? I know I'm asking for much, especially these last days, but I really don't know what else I could do" I said and sighed. "Oh, really? Come over, I always have space for you, it's no problem" he said and laughed a bit. I sighed again in relief. "Thank you so, so much Wilbur. I don't know what I would do without you" "Well, sleeping on bench I guess" he said what made chuckle a bit.