July. July. That meant, he'd lost three months? How could he just lose three months of his life?! Things like that didn't happen! He wasn't at a hospital nor was he at home or anywhere else he recognized. He didn't know the owner of the voice that called him a young master and he didn't even recognize the clothes he was wearing. The last thing he knew, it had been April and he was at home with his parents. He had read until late at night when he went to sleep like any other day. There had been nothing out of the ordinary. He supposed he could be suffering from some form of amnesia, but in that case, he should be at a hospital not in... in someplace that wouldn't look out of place in a historical novel!

He breathed in deeply. "Could... could I take my breakfast here? And medicine for my headache?"

"Certainly, Young Master. Will that be all?"

"Yes, thank you."

For now, he needed to find out where he was and how he'd ended up here. He needed to determine exactly how he lost three months of his life and what was going on. In his anxiety, he started to pace in the fairly large room.

Sometime later, he wasn't sure how long as there wasn't a clock in the room, knocking once again sounded from the door.

Cale hurried his way to the door and twisted the lock. He opened it up and stared out at the sight that met him. There was a maid, dressed in a long black dress, with a high collar and white frilly apron. She was carrying a tray that was covered by a plate and a cup of something that was steaming with heat. There was also a small translucent bottle of something that looked vaguely green.

He stretched out his arms, those as well covered by the sleepwear and took hold of the tray. "Thank you." he said and continued with, "The headache medicine?"

"It is the small bottle. It is the one you prefer the most, Young Master. Or would you like another one?"

He stared suspiciously at the bottle. "No. No, it's fine. Thank you."

The maid bowed and took her leave. Cale watched her go down the hallway briefly before he carried the tray inside and set it down on the desk. He then closed the door and locked it again. The last thing he wanted was someone walking in on him until he sorted out his thoughts.

Cale stared down at the breakfast. It looked ordinary. Bread with butter and jam and a cup of steaming hot chocolate just the way he liked it. He was unsure what he was supposed to do with the bottle of what was apparently headache reliever, but he wasn't sure he wanted to ask. Was this something he was supposed to know?

But the headache was moving on to the annoying level and he figured that as panicked and uncertain as he was, the last thing he could afford was a pain because he was too stubborn to try it. If it was poison than there was probably an antidote somewhere around here and honestly, he couldn't really process the thought of dying right now. He'd take it and try his chances and hope for the best.

He sat down on the wooden chair by the desk and dragged the tray closer. He started with his breakfast.

It was gone within moments when he found that he was starving. He drank the cup of scalding hot chocolate and even the burn eased faster than he was used to. Once it was gone, he looked down forlorn at the plate. He was still a little hungry, but he gathered that he could wait. It wasn't urgent.

Cale took a deep breath before he drank the medicine in the bottle in one large gulp, determined not to taste it. With the way it looked, he didn't even want to know.

He put the bottle back down on the tray and waited. There was no immediate reaction so if it was poison it wasn't going to kill him instantly. He didn't feel any worse than he had a moment earlier, either. Suddenly, he found that he was tired. He blinked rapidly to try to get the heaviness out of his eyelids, but it didn't make a difference. He had the urge to sleep and to be honest, it didn't seem like a bad thing. Perhaps this was all a dream and when he woke up, he'd be back home? Maybe this was all a project of his imagination.