Sore Loser

When I wake up Noah is no longer with me but there is a glass of water on the beside table with a couple of tylenol tablets. I smile to myself as I reach over and grab them realizing that I do in fact feel less achy then when I first laid down. I take them and then sit up in the giant bed groaning at the twinge in my side, apparently that broken rib is going to take a little longer to heal. I had no idea what was building between Noah and I but I had hope that maybe with a little more time we might come to truly care about each other. Well, if he didn't turn back into a raging ass like he had been when we first met a couple weeks ago. 

There is a loud commotion of voices and footsteps heading in the direction of the bedroom which pull me from my thoughts. I am quickly leaping out of the bed when the door slams open. I cringe and grab onto my side my eyes focused on the woman in the doorway and her eyes black, "You little bitch—" Delilah charges towards me with Gretchen and another female trying to stop her. I am think I'm smiling at the fact that I've pissed her off so I don't have much time to react before she has me on the ground and has slammed her fist into my face. I hear the crunch of my nose and I know she's definitely broken. Great, just one more thing to add to the list. 

When she hits me again I let out a loud guttural growl, I'm going to kill the she-wolf! My wolf lunges to the surface. When she goes to hit me again I catch her fist in my hand squeezing it a little tighter. I  stare her up at her, "You will cease or I will kill you." I say to her in a punctuated manner giving her a chance to regain her composure because I doubted Noah would like it very much if I killed one of his pack mates before I actually got a chance to take the oath. 

"You don't deserve to be a part of this pack! You're a cheat! Don't think I don't know about your protector helping you out. You aren't fit to be Luna!" She growls down at me her face turning a little red from the force of her anger. I don't back down. I just stare up at her ignoring the fact that I can feel my blood running down my face, "I'm sorry you feel that way but Noah and fate say otherwise. I can tell you this, I'm going to be a part of this pack and I'm going to be your Luna—so you can either fall in line or you can stay out of my way." 

She growls at this and lunges forward snapping her now elongated canines inches from my face. I growl at that and decided to forget about being civil it past time that taught this girl who was in charge around here. I tightened my grip on her fist and pulled her forward. Using the momentum to slam my forehead into hers. She growls in pain and I ignore the sting as I roll us over so that I am now on top of her. I pull back my free hand and give her a nice punch to the side of her face. The impact of my flesh on hers gives me encouragement I need to do it again. 

She bucks her body underneath mine and because of my broken rib the jostling movement causes me to lose my balance. I fall backward hitting my back against the wooden post of Noah's bed. I shake my head and when I notice Delilah is getting up off the ground I grab onto the post and use it as support to get myself up as quickly as I can. I don't want to give her another opportunity to catch me off guard. 

She levels me with a deadly gaze and I know deep down that this will never be over until one of us is dead. She is never going to let it go and that's a shame because I never wanted to become a killer but I'll do what I have too. I wipe away the blood from my face with the back of my hand, "Are we done here? Or do you want some more?" I say with a bit of laughter even though I don't find the situation very funny. 

Gretchen and the other female are standing back from us both of them looking incredibly nervous, "Come on—let's just go."