Fighting Words

The car ride to the other pack was a good five hours on back roads. Nadia and I didn't talk much during the drive probably she was afraid of saying the wrong thing. When we got closer Nadia began to shift nervously around in her seat like a two year old with a full bladder. I watched her for a moment before bringing up the matter, "Is something the matter?" 

Nadia tightened her grip on the steering wheel but gave me a tight lipped smile, "No. Why do you ask?" I shrug my shoulders but don't say anything else about the matter. If she wanted to tell me then she would. She slows down the car when we see a small building in the distance, "Listen Scarlett, there are somethings I should probably tell you now about this pack—" I turn in my seat to get a better look at her. 

"They are a bit on the stricter side so you probably shouldn't expect a warm welcome. They're also very formal so when addressing any of the higher wolves be sure to use their title because offending them is not a good idea." She gives a quick look in my direction as we get nearer to the building which looks similar to a security check. 

"I think I can handle it Nadia but thank you for the concern." I say with a small smile. She looks away from me anxiously, "One last thing, the Alpha is a little old in his thoughts about she-wolves and especially the Luna position. So unless your spoken too—" 

"Don't speak? What a neaderthal. "

Nadia looks to me skeptically as if to say 'that's what I mean' 

 I lift a brow, "What I meant to say was, that shouldn't be a problem." I give a fake smile and she rolls her eyes as she stops next to the building. A young guy maybe only a little older than eighteen stepped out with a serious expression on his baby face. Nadia rolled down the darkly tinted window, "Well if it isn't Alastair Kelly!" She said in a overly friendly tone. The kid squinted his eyes for a moment looking at her more closely, "Nadia?" He questions before a small smile spreads over his lips, "Well, well—what brings you back to these parts?" He questions as he steps closer to the car leaning down to look in. 

Nadia keeps her smile and leans back a bit allowing him to get a view of me in the passenger seat. Alastair's eyes drift from her to me and scan over my body making me feel slightly uncomfortable. His smile becomes smoother, "Hello there beautiful—I'm Alastair." He flirts tipping his imaginary hat in my direction. He's adorable and if I was younger, less jaded and unmated I would have probably been pleased by the attention. However as things stood I tried hard not to laugh because he has no idea that I'm a Luna or that I was Noah's mate because if he did I doubt he would have been so forward. Nadia's eyes nearly popped out of her head, "Oh back off horn dog!" She teases. 

He steps back with a bit of laughter, "Is Alpha Randall expecting you?" 

Nadia shakes her head, "We came to see Alpha Noah..." 

"Nadia—You know the rules. You need permission from the Alpha to enter." Alastair scolds shaking his head but not loosing his grin. Nadia leans out the window a bit making a puppy face, "I know Al, but I have to deliver something important to Noah—couldn't you just let me in this one time. You know me—Come on..." She whines at him. 

He looked between Nadia and I for a moment as if trying to decide what he should do. Finally he let out a sigh, "Fine—but if you cause any trouble I swear..." Nadia's smile grew bigger, "Thank you, thank you! You were always my favorite cousin!" She put her foot on the gas and slowly began to drive down the road.