Frozen Chrysanthemums (Prologue)

Start from the beginning

The boy knew the girl knew and the girl knew the boy knew.

The kid halted to a stop infront of a rose a bush making them stop their little game of hide and seek.

The kid bent forward as if to pick up a rose and the boy held him immediately,  stopping him.

"Tsk...  You'll prick your fingers." 

The boy reprimanded him.  The kid's face began to somber in to a pout as he started to argue..

"But I want one!" 

"Well... Then, I'll buy you a rose bouquet. The florist will cut it-"

"I don't want a bouquet, I just want a rose."

"What's the difference?" 

"I want a rose!"

The boy's face morphed into agitation as he quirked his brows.

"Why?" 

Suddenly,  the girl interjected. The boy looked at her as if he was analysing her for danger.

The kid looked at her quizzically and then said,  "I need them." 

The girl tsked and took a step forward,  "So,  you need a flower that will prick your hands and draw blood out of you just because you like the way it looks.  Tell me, have you ever seen blood?" 

The boy moved forward as if to hide the kid behind him,  he looked at the girl as if challenging her. But before he could say anything...

"They like them..." the kid answered.

"Who?"

The boy asked..

"The butterflies... they like roses"  the kid answered.

The boy quirked his brows as the girl smiled. The girl crouched down before the kid..

The girl then said,  "So, you don't want the roses...  You want the butterflies." 

The kid looked at the boy and then nodded. The girl stood back up and gestured them to follow her.

The kid followed her and the boy followed them. 

The girl stopped thrice and picked up a bunch of flowers from one of the bushes around her.

She then headed to the florist's booth with boys in her tow.  As the florist finished off the tulip bouquet,  the girl picked up a band and put the ensemble in her hands into the kid's hand. 

She bobbed her head and then said, "Tie it up!"

The boy took it from the kid's hand and started tying the flowers together.

"You're not the one I told to tie"  the girl pointed out.

"Im not doing this because you 'told'"  the boy answer her.