Frozen Chrysanthemums (Prologue)

Year 2008, Blossom Street, Scandinavia

The fresh scent earth possesses as heavy snow washes away is one of those experience that makes life a little more bearable for everyone who can feel it. Blossom street was one of those spots which enhanced that experience, even better, when it was free of polluting crowds.

So sometimes, on early mornings in late winters, as snow washes away and spring comes to life, people set out to buy flowers from the gardens of blossom street and take a walk around. And blossom street was ready...

Gardens were decorated with all kinds of flowers, light yellow lights hung over them and huge glass panes covered them. The doors were ready to be opened and the flowers were ready to be cut. A humble florist opened huge steal doors of his towering greenhouse to find a young girl in her early teens waiting.

The girl wore layers of clothes covering her frock to protect her from the cold and other things, she looked up at him and raised the corners of her lips into a small smile. He smiled back at her and then welcomed her in, he then got to prepping himself for the day as the girl looked around the greenhouse.

She walked further in and stood among blue cornflowers and white orchids, the hanging lights and vines touched her shoulders as she walked. She walked with such poise and silence that she perfectly matched her surroundings yet looked divine among them.

The florist looked away from her and stared at the door as he heard the footsteps of a running giggling boy.

His smile was contagious and the florist smiled as he walked to greet the boy, another boy ran up to the entrance and held the still giggling boy. Both boys were young, the elder one was in his early teens and the younger one was just a kid, 7 maybe or even 6. Both boys wore flannel pants and layers of shirts.

The elder one greeted the florist with a smile and then looked at the younger one, "I told you to run slowly in the street."

The younger one chirped saying "But, we were having a race.."

"Well, not anymore... slow down!"

The boy settled down a bit and then the young man looked at the florists, "Can we have a bouquet of tulips?"

The florist nodded and replied, "Yes sir, I was just cutting the flowers for the bouquets.. You can walk around and see if you like anything in the meanwhile.."

The young man nodded and walked away with the kid. The florist walked towards the girls preparing to ask her what she wanted. The girl looked at him as he approached, regarded him with a look and said, "I haven't decided what I want yet, I'll tell you in a moment."

The florist nodded and then walked around the field to get started on his bouquets.

Both the parties continued on their quests and moved around the Green House. 

The girl seemed uninterested for the most part but often stole glances of the boy and kid. 

The boy noticed her,  her and her glances, but he paid no mind to either of the time,  or he made it seem like he paid no mind.