4. Mario's Magic Carpet

The heroes arrived in a dry and deadly desert with a lumpy camel. They were searching for the legendary Aladdin's lamp, and Princess Toadstool needed its magic to free her people from King Koopa's evil clutches.

Princess Toadstool, Toad, and Luigi were sitting on top of the camel. The plumber in green whips the sweat from his forehead and sighs, "Mamamia! We should have rented a camel with air conditioning!"

"Shut up, Luigi, there is no such thing!" The female orange plumber yelled, kicking the sand as she walked beside them. Queen Violetta fanned her face; her ears pulled back as she panted. She felt as if her pawed feet would burn in the sun, however happy she was, wearing a thinner and shorter dress. Her fur legs would have overheated her if she didn't. Though she felt a little self-conscious, Amelia insisted she wore the dress to avoid a heat stroke. She also wore a short sleeve shirt and short overalls. Her hair was tied back into a ponytail along with Vi's.

"Water! Water!" The red plumber guiding the camel panted as he began to crawl on his hands and knees. "I'll even settle for some meat sauce!" He paused as he saw something in the distance. "Hey, a waterfall!" He runs up to it, leaving the group behind. "Ahhhhh, a nice, cool shower!" He snapped to reality as the illusion faded away as the camel licked his face. "Yuck!" he shouts, pushing them away. "Camel slobber!"

"Mario! It's a mirage! The sun's hardboiled your brain!" Luigi said to his older brother.

"Guys, control yourselves!" The princess said as mirages appeared all around them. "We've got to ignore all these mirages, or we'll never find Aladdin's Lamp!"

"Too bad we gotta ignore that swimming pool!" Toad pointed out.

"Swimming pool out here?" Vi asked.

"A swimming pool? Where?" Princess Toadstool Jumped up in excitement. "Whoopee!" Say exclamation happily.

"Last one in is a rotten fungus!" Toad exclaimed and raced towards the pool.

The six of them run over to the swimming pool. Mario and Toad were first to climb up the ladder of the diving board and jump in. That's when Mario realizes that water is a blue trampoline. "It's a trap!" He exclaimed in shock as he hit bottom.

"I know it was too good to be true," Amelia exclaimed as she grabbed onto Vi's arm.

"No, it's a trap-oline!" Luigi corrected. The trampoline sent the six of them into the air, all the way to the nearby palace.

"Oh no, look, guys." Vi pointed, holding onto her friend who didn't dare to look down. The roof of one of the towers flips open for them.

"It's a palace with a flip-top roof!" The princess cried out.

Inside, the sultan of the palace was sitting on his throne, eating a banana. "Ah, it appears I have visitors dropping in!" He smiled happily. The brother proceeds to land in vases while Toad lands in a bowl of fruit. The Princess lands on some pillows, and Vi flips over landing on her paws which hurt a bit with the landing. Amelia is in her arms, still coving her eyes. "Is it over yet," Amelia asked shakily.

"Yes, you can look now." The queen sighed, letting her friend down on her feet.

Amelia sags in relief, "I never wanna do that again.

"Splendid! Splendid!" The sultan cheered. "Once again, my fake swimming pool trick worked!" Mario poked his head out of the vase he was in, and Toad stood out of the fruit with some of them still sitting on his mushroom cap. The Princess got up as well and looked around. Amelia went over to add Luigi, who was stuck in the vase.

"Where are we?" The princess questioned. "And who are you?"

"My dear, I am the magnificent Sultan Pasbah! This is my luxurious palace, where you and your companions will be my miserable slaves forever!" The sultan grinned evilly. The servant next to him nods his head, dropping the bowl of fruit he is holding.