Chapter Thirty Two

Start from the beginning

I found her to the left talking with a former NFL player turned actor. I waved at her over people heads getting her attention. She waved back. I signalled for her to come over. She looked at me but her face seemed to of paled. I saw my sister place a hand on her arm to steady her as if she was about to fall.

"Charles. I would need to get back to you. I notice that my mother does not look to well." I stated my eyes wondering back to my mother who stood there in shock with my sister fanning her.

Charles looked over in my mother's direction. "Tell her to come closer I cannot see her."

Vivian noticed my mother's lack of colour. "You will meet her tomorrow. Just the family are staying at the mansion tonight."

I fast paced to where my mother was seated in the corner. She seemed a bit flushed.

"What's the matter?" I directed the question at Sam.

"I don't know. She just seemed to of gone funny." Sam continued to wave her hand back and forth in some effort to create air.

"I have called Alfred to take you to your rooms so that you can have lay down. It probably from the Jet lags you just flown in today." Vivian was beside me waving at the elderly butler.

My eyes washed over her with concern. She was the only parent that I have. The last thing I wanted was too loose her. Alfred came to assist my mother up out of the chair. She still looked dazed not saying anything just staring off into space.

"Mum." I clicked my fingers in front of her face trying to gain her attention. "Mum are you alright?"

"Why was you talking to that man?" She sneered the last word.

"What man?"  I moved my face into her line of vision. She wasn't looking at me her eyes appeared misted over.

"That man ruins everything he touches."  She said that sentence with such darkness that I shuddered. I always known my mother to be a happy woman. Never saw her to be angry person.

"Come let get you upstairs." Sam came round to take her other arm to escort her from the room.

I took a step behind them to follow when I felt a gently had on my shoulder. "Katryna you need to stay here till the end of the party."

I faced Ashley and his family, I wanted to tell them that it all been a ruse that I am not engaged. I looked at his blue eyes, just who was this man that Donny wanted to warn me about. I have some many question for him. Just what happened to Michelle?

Casey looked at me sadly. "Sorry about your mum." She enveloped me with a hug. "Just half an hour more then you can make a quick get away."

I smiled back mouthing the word thanks to her. Ashley moved closer to me not saying anything but to wrap his arm around my shoulders as if any loving fiancé would do.

"I would like to introduce you to Nathanial. He is Charles son. Been like an uncle to me." He used his left hand to wave over a tall man that was talking next to Charles.

As the man crept closer I could not help but thinking that I knew this man.

"Have we met?" We both said in unison then laughed.

I shook my head as I tried to rack my head from where I might recognised this man from.

"Your dad said you use to live In DC?" I invited maybe it was there that I know him from.