Chapter 30- Day In

Start from the beginning

"Oh my god! What the hell!" I scream hiding my face behind arms. "Noooo no no!"

"I'm so sorry." Juni cringing next to me. Pretty soon the door opens and in walks Opala and Sam.

"Hey!" They both say shuffling in with plastic grocery bags in hand.

"What's wrong?" Opala obviously seeing my balled up form on the end of the couch. "You told her didn't you!"

"Told her what?" Sam questions.

"The scratches on your back." Opala fills in and Juni shushes her.

"Scratches?" Sam prods and I groan loudly once again.

"Please! Please stop talking about it!" I say and roll over onto the floor, falling with a thud. Folding my arms over my face as I hide myself behind the coffee table. I hear heavy footsteps go from the kitchen to my bathroom and after I hear a distraught Sam.

"What the hell!" He shouts and I hear snickering from Opala and Juni.

"I despise you both, this is not funny." I say and Opala keeps laughing.

"Yes it is!" She giggles. "Look it's not a secret anymore! Sam and you have dancing around your mateship, people were starting to think you put a spell on him to trick him."

"Why would I do that? I hate people knowing my buisness and I don't need to trick anyone." I shout from the floor.

"Opala, Juni, can you please give us a minute." Sam comes back in, his footsteps tracing his position in the room. He moves to the kitchen and Opala is snickering. "Now Opala! You laughing is not helping at all."

"C'mon it's funny!" Opala giggles.

"I could hurt your feelings right now and tell you some shit that's really funny." Sam threatens and Opala sucks her teeth.

"Fine." She says and I feel Juni pat my shoulder before leaving with Opala. Soon it was just me and Sam in the room. I keep myself on the floor as Sam slowly walks over to my flattened body.

"Elias can you please get up?" He asks softly.

"No." I shake my head, my nose rubbing against the hardwood floors.

"Elias please get up."

I shake my head again.

I feel him scoop his arm beneath me and lift me off the floor with ease, holding me in one arm, sitting me down on the couch as he stands over me. I refuse to look at him as I wrap my arms around myself, turning my knees away from him.

"Why are you embarrassed?" He asks.

"I don't like people knowing...anything! Why did you have to take off your shirt?" I groan.

"It was hot, I was sweating!" He argues. "You don't sweat?"

"Very rarely." I confess.

"You did last night." He shoots back with a cheeky smile and I stand quickly moving around him but his arms reach out to stop me. Pulling me into his arms, locking them around me refusing to let me go. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He apologizes.

"Does sex make you uncomfortable?"

"No. Nothing about the act or anything like that...but yesterday was my first time so-"

"What?" He pulls me back spinning me around to face him. "Yesterday was your first time?"

"Umm...yes?" I shrug.

"Ah shit!" He says finally letting me go. "I'm so sorry, I didn't think-"

"No, I'm not. I enjoyed it and you were great but it's the fact that everyone else knows, and Opala coming in here just to laugh..."