Chapter 47 - you mean a boy, Taylor?

***Matty's POV***

This has been a whirlwind. But I will not say anything to make this about me. It isn't about me, she is the one that has had to go through it. I just only hope I have been there enough to make her not want to leave me.

I do not enjoy the STI screening stuff, I remember it from my last test. I am confident I am clean otherwise I never would have had any sexual interactions with any girls.

I'm driving us back to mine. It seems like the best thing to do, it's taken most of our day being at the clinic and I figure the least I can do is make her some dinner. I'm going to stop off at the supermarket on the way home and buy her favourite foods.

I can't help but think in my head what we might be doing if we hadn't gone to the clinic. I support her decision and I would not say otherwise but, if we hadn't of gone would she be carrying my child? It's a heady thought. I'm not saying I'm ready for kids, I don't think I am. But had she of chose to see it through I definitely would have tried my best.

We head into the supermarket car park and she smiles at me for the first time since the clinic. I've missed her smile.
"What we buying babe?" She's asks me curious.
"Food of course, you want dinner right?" I laugh.
"Definitely, that sounds like a plan" she smiles and I feel like we're taking steps forward again.

I quiz her on her favourite food once in the shop and she tells me she wants Mexican. I laugh at least she didn't say Chinese I would struggle making something edible for her.
We decide on enchiladas and rice.
I also sneak some chocolate ice cream into the basket for her too. I chuckle to myself, I would usually be heading to one of the guys houses for an all nighter but instead I'm food shopping with my girl. I feel so happy calling her my girl.

We arrive back at mine and before she gets out of the car I kiss her on her lips, she returns the kiss fully.

Once inside I turn on the tv and I light the fire. I remember how before when she was here she liked the fire. She tells me she's going to help me prepare the dinner, not a chance after what I've put her through. But first she's just going to freshen up and talk to her mum.

As she goes upstairs I start the dinner and put some music on whilst I'm cooking in the kitchen. Mum texts me and I already know what it's going to say "at Steve's my love, hope you and Taylor are both well" the ending to her message is new and it's nice that she asked about Taylor. Of course I reply telling her we're all good and that we'll see them soon.

***Taylor's POV***

I go upstairs to Matty's room. Strange how this place already feels like home to me. I can't imagine going and spending a night alone in my bed without him especially after the day we've had.

There are positives though, we have told each other how we feel about each other and I feel like we are connected on a deeper more meaningful level now.

I take a quick shower and put on one of Matty's shirts, hoping he doesn't mind. I sit on his bed and decide to call home. Mum used to be fine with me staying at Tom's, she knew Tom and she knew where I was. I decide how to play it then call her.

"Hey mum" I say as she answers the call.
"Hey darling. How are you? What've you been up to then" she says, great she sounds relaxed and fine.
This should be easy. I follow through with my most daring plan, just tell her I'm seeing someone new and when does she want to meet him.

"I know I haven't been home much I've been prepping for uni. I've been with Rhea for some of the time, but I wanted to let you know I've sort of met somebody new too" I tell her
"Oh really, I thought I hadn't seen Tom in some time. You mean a boy, Taylor?" She chuckles
Suddenly I want to cry, absolutely ball my eyes out but I don't. Something about hearing her voice, and her being so understanding makes me feel so emotional after my day.
"Yes mum a guy!" I say.
"Oh when can I meet this guy" she laughs.
"How about tomorrow?" I'm going to have to clear this with Matty but I'm sure he will be fine.
"Okay, I'll cook for you both. What is he like ?"
My hair has all but dried from my shower I brush it through and love how soft and long it now feels.
"You'll meet him tomorrow! I've gotta go now mum, love you"
"Love you darling let me know a time"
We hang up. That went better than expected.

I leave my phone upstairs on charge. I all but run downstairs wearing Matty's T-shirt finding him singing in the kitchen to blink 182. It makes me chuckle. I walk into the room and he does a double take. On his second look his eyes widen.
"Look I know you've worn my clothes before, but you look so damn sexy. It's literally like so distracting" he laughs.
"The food smells perfect" I say to him hugging him from behind.
"What do you want me to do?" I ask
"I would like you to sit down and relax. Wine or juice ?" He asks.
"Am i allowed to drink ? Let me check" i grab the pamphlet about emergency contraception give it a quick read. Looks like alcohol is a frequently asked question after taking the pill. I can see why.
"That's a yes to the wine. Want a glass or something stronger" I ask him shooting him a smile.

"Ohh I'll have a vodka and coke, if you're asking" he says.
"Make it a small shot" he laughs.
I make him his drink first then hand it to him.
He takes a sip, smiles and asks me "are you trying to get me drunk babe?"
I look at him and laugh "not intentionally, I just gave you a generous shot. A very generous shot" I laugh.

I feel so much better than I did earlier today as I sip my wine sitting at the dining table watching Matty cook. He's taken his top off and I wonder how practical that is but decide to enjoy the show rather than tell him.