| shubman gill |

requested by @Gunjanjain413 

Hope you like it.

Am just a beginner so i was sceptical about this ---

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gunjan was sitting quietly in the lobby, with her colleagues, waiting for the team's staff to call her when the players will be ready for the interview. Even though she was nervous as hell, she wasn't showing it. 

When a man approached them, the team of 'The Delhi Times' stood up.

' Good Morning, am Satyajit Parab, the team manager of Gujrat Titans. Sorry for being late.' with a smile, the man greeted.

'Nice to meet you, Mr. Parab. Am Gunjan Sharma, senior sports journalist, from Delhi Times. Please don't be sorry. We absolutely understand... Meet my team......'

' This way please..'

' The players just had their training session a while ago so all are not available right now. Am afraid they won't come down before half an hr.'

' No problem. We'll start with the ones available. And all the best for the season.'

' Hey, This is Hardik... sorry for the trouble..'

No, it's okay Sir. We understand!' 

Agastya came and hugged his dad's legs

'We would like to talk to Agastya first.' Gunjan said, smiling

Rajeev, the photographer said, ' He's the one who deserves the attention. Rest can wait.'

Hardik chuckled and smiles spread.

In a corner, Shubman sat, with Sai trying to cheer him up.

' We had just two matches, Shub. Please cheer up!'

SHUB HAD THE OUTBURST.

' DAMN IT! I want to quit!'

Gunjan heard him and asking the others to continue came a bit near to him and said, loud and clear.

We all  have high and lows in our lives. Just like failure and sucess are heads and tails, trying and quitting are too. What we decide in sync with mind and heart matters. a few matches with bad stats don't mean you have to quit.'

'What if-' Shubman began, only to be interrupted by her.

'Remove the WHAT IF from life, Mr. Gill. The ones who are standing here didn't do a cakewalk. Before thinking to quit, think of your parents and your sister and their sacrifices and dreams for you. Think about the bats your Dadu carved for you with hopes when you were 3. You are meant for better things. Just believe in yourself and you'll have a great comeback.'

The hall was pin-drop silent. A small smile appeared at the corner of Ashish Nehra's lips. 

Just what he wished for not only Shubman, but others to hear too. the 

' Thank you, Miss....' Shub approached her.

' Gunjan, Gunjan Sharma. All the best for the season and the upcoming tours.' Gunjan smiled and replied.

'Let's get the interview done away with...Am hungry!' Rahul exclaimed.

' Oh yeah. Lets start. Rajeev, get the cam ready.' Gunjan went back to her professional mood.

____________________________________

'And here goes the much awaited six for Shubman Gill to get his first-half century this season! The Ahmedabad crowd is seen hooting and cheering for their boy....' 

Gunjan was watching the highling of the match when her phone rang. She pucked it up.

' Thanks Gunjan.' Gunjan sat up on the bed, shocked, recognising the voice. How on earth did Shubman Gill get her number?

' Congrats, Player of the Match!'

Shubman - ' Thanks again! Ummm... I don't want to sound like a complete pervert or idiot but are you free tomorrow?' 

' Am in Delhi, Mr. Gill. my office's HQ is here. Am going to be here for three weeks.'
' We have our next match with Delhi Capitals there. I will see you soon. Nehra Sir is caling.. umm Bye! Good Night!'

' Bye and Good night to you too.'

Gunjan smiled and leaned against the wall.

------------------------------------------------------------------

' Where are you? Am in your office's reception. Am disguised so they're not allowing me inside and...'

Gunjan was left speechless hearing her Boyfriend. Yes, it has been 9 months they are dating. Gunjan thought the courtship won't last for more than a month but it is still sailing smoothly. Although they are poles apart, they got along very well. On field, Shubman Gill is tough but outside the 22 yards, he is one of the softest she has ever known.

Chuckling remembering their moments and his antics, she hurried downstairs, only to see him standind with a sour mood. Even though he's disguised, she recognised him, due to her experience.

'I know you would be busy so I came exactly when your office would be over.' Shub said as soon as they went out and got in his car. ' He said and kissing the knukles of her hand, started the car.

' Where are we going, Maan?'

' A surprise!'

' Really?'

' Yep, Sweetheart. 15 mins to reveal that!'

.......................................

' Will you be the newest addition in the Gill Family, Gunjan? Will you be Mrs. Gill? Will you marry me, Gunj? Will you continue the TED Talks forever? ' Shubman was on one knee, and held a miniature Taj Mahal in front of hers.

Gunjan went numb for a few mins only to look at his soft, honest eyes and reply,

'Yes.'

In few secs, she was taken in a bone crushing hug and showered with peppering kisses.

An new innings in their life in going to begin soon!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Am thinking to write a detailed part 2 on this. Hopefully I will do that after am done with all the requests! 

Hoping you all will like it!

An Abhishek Sharma One-shot is coming up next! It is a bit detailed so will take some time to be posted.

Love,

S.