"It's Harry, V." Lara said. "I'm sure he has a good reason. And I know you're going to say we've only met him once but still, you always talk about him and he sounds like a great guy. Why don't you just go see him this afternoon?"

"I don't want it to be awkward."

"He's still your best friend and you can still talk to him. Things haven't suddenly changed just because you two have kissed. You need to go see him. Who knows? Harry is probably waiting for you like you're waiting for him. Maybe he's at work biting his nails because he's afraid you feel weird too. Ever thought about that?"

Zayn scrunched her nose because no, she hadn't thought about that. But she knew Lara was right. She hadn't realized she was actually being selfish and only thinking about herself in this situation. "Maybe you're right. I should do that. I'm not even gonna worry about him right now." She lazily spooned some of her yogurt and ate it.

She was in the middle of swallowing that spoonful when her phone suddenly vibrated against the table. She hurriedly put the spoon down and picked up the phone excitedly.

"Is it him?" Natalie asked.

Her smile faded as she read the screen. "No, it's my mum, but I've got to step outside and take this, girls."

"Sure go ahead."

Zayn got up and left the break room and Natalie bumped shoulders with Lara. "I'm not even gonna worry about him right now." She said in a teasing voice and she laughed.

Lara joined in. "The way she dropped that spoon and checked her phone tells me she obviously is worried. She totally likes him."

Natalie nodded, lifting her fork to eat. "Yeah. She does."

*

*

*

Harry's doorbell rang at 5:00 later that afternoon. He was just in the middle of loosening his tie from his neck when he heard it. So he ran downstairs to answer it. When he opened it, he saw Zayn standing there still in her work attire and she had her purse on her arm.

"Oh, hey." He greeted with a crooked smile. Then he saw the scared expression on her face. "Are you okay?"

"No." She said.

"What's wrong?"

He locked the door and followed her to the living room where she suddenly stopped and came back over to him.

"You kissed me and did not call me. Why? I sat there and waited for you to say something, even send me a text or something. But you didn't and that scares me. If you think it's weird or a mistake, I get it. But you could've at least told me that. It's not fair to leave me wondering." She went over to the couch and plopped down on it, then burrow her face in her hands.

Harry sighed. No wonder she had that look on her face when he opened the door. "But I don't think it's weird. Not at all."

"You don't?"

"No. I don't. I'm glad it happened. And honestly, I did have plans to talk to you today but I wanted to wait and call you once I got home and put on some comfortable clothing. And as you can see, I just got home about five minutes ago and I haven't even undressed yet."

She looked up at him, gradually showing a little interest in his statement. "So you were going to call me?"

"Of course I was. I mean... maybe I could have called while I was at work today but I was busy all day and I had to stay an hour or later than normal just to get my work done. Plus, I didn't really want to say anything about something that important while I was at work. I figured it would be best to talk in a comfortable setting. Sort of like where we are now." He sat down on the coffee table in front of her, then ran his fingers through his hair.