When has God ever clapped for a murderer?

Start from the beginning

"You got back just in time darling, they have just arrived. And I see you fixed yourself up, good girl."

Your mother pats your knee, and you nod at her approving words.

You tilt your head towards the front entrance where all the guests enter, where they are supposed to enter.

As much as you didn't feel like coming to this overly boring celebration, their arrival was one thing you did want to see.

The trumpets bellowed so loud through the halls that you would swear they came from the heavens themselves.

They were here.

The German Army. 

A select few came in, in their best uniforms. They looked so monotone, so bland, so repetitive.

But instead of fear painting everyone's faces, they smiled and applauded as the men walked through.

"Why are you not clapping Y/n?"

You hear your mother whisper in your ear, and you can almost see the vein popping out of her head.

When has God ever clapped for a murderer?

You suppose you were no god as your two hands slapped one another over and over again lightly before picking up the pressure so that you were the loudest clap at the table.

Your claps echoed in the room as the others dialed down. You felt eyes on you from all angles, but none took your action as obnoxious, as they instead saw you as an enthusiast. And you could tell as the greyish green uniforms made their way over towards your table.

"Good evening..."

The man's words drone out into white noise as he speaks. You look him up and down as he's obviously supposed to be a man of high standing in the military for one of two reasons. The first reason is that the other soldiers follow behind him like lost puppies. The second most obvious reason was his uniform's distinctness which distinguished him from the other soldiers.

His blue eyes flick towards you before they fall back at your mother as she holds the man in conversation. Mumbling about things such as the "Utter prosperity of Germany and France," and that your family, "Worships the ground the German army walks on."

That's at least how that last part sounded to you.

"Good evening Madame L/n."

You're pulled into the real world at the sound of a new voice, a duller one that bores you all the same. And your stomach flips as you expect another one of the soldiers to be talking to your mother about money and murder.

But to your surprise, a pair of dark eyes stare into yours as they await your response.

And at the feeling of an elbow nudging your side, you know this person is truly talking to you.

"Good evening Monsieur..."

"Levi Ackerman."

"Right, good evening Monsieur Ackerman."

You look him up and down, he's decorated in his typical uniform. And his stature almost seems miniature when standing next to the blond to his right. His jet-black hair is neatly parted and combed to the side which contrasts with the pale of his skin and the slight pink of his lips that move as you assume they're speaking to you.

"We appreciate you and your family's support for Germany. And we hope our friendship is long-lasting."

He blinks at you, and the blond next to him nods in agreement as they both look at you. And you want to say things, but as your mother bores her eyes into your skull, you speak carefully.

"Of course, to a long-lasting friendship between the two of our countries."

Let this night be over quickly

At the time, Y/n had hoped that her meeting with Levi Ackerman would be short and that the two would never meet again. What neither was aware of, was that this was just the beginning of their story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: 

This is a tumblr ask!

Here's the ask:

soooo if it's allowed- can I request for a same concept of shirtless, strung-up by the wrists, and t*rtured Levi but in a theme of forbidden love that set in ww2? in a scenario where Levi is a german captain soldier who fell in love with a french aristocratic reader? they were in a secret relationship for a while and both have plans to elope but the reader's family found out about the affair and they're against it so they had to do something to get Levi out of the way despite him not giving up for the sake of their love (Both sides are against by each other since Germany and France were enemies in the war- if I'm not wrong). Opting for a happy ending babes!