𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐓𝐎 𝐀 𝐏𝐔𝐌𝐏𝐊𝐈𝐍 𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇 → 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂

Start from the beginning

That was it. Those words were like a lighter to Sonic's highly flammable eagerness to claim a more specific answer. His tongue flopped out to the corner of his mouth, absentmindedly, and sucked back in suddenly from the staggering chill from just a few seconds left exposed. He respected the refreshing fall scenery spread out ahead for only another moment, before the speech leaving his lips felt natural and weighted down by no input of his own.

"Is it for Halloween?"

(Y/n) heard the excitement pound through that concluding word, the sound of the holiday shimmering into the air like a firework ready to launch. She could sense it sparking in Sonic's head, his thoughts darting all over the place in big rainbow bursts each striken from the endless possibilities. She giggled faintly from the shine glazing over those captivating emeralds, erupting with hope and flaming up with expectation. She could sense why, the little cerulean hedgehog explaining before his admiration for the spooky holiday as he watched celebrations from afar for ten years, that made her heart ache.

"You could say."

That didn't help. Sonic pouted roughly, a beam of early sun crossing his muzzle as he slumped through it and projecting a light dazzle to his damp nose. An ear popped out from beneath his donated earmuffs positioned to trap the heat into them, the frame slipping from the loosening of his head in frail annoyance. (Y/n) ruffled his forehead and pulled them back, taking a turn to the pathway that appeared like it were latched on to the smooth road by darker asphalt stitches. Innocently, Sonic followed her, pout smashed into a perplexed frown and his eyes varnished with glistening intrigue.

She seemed to know where she was heading, the crunching of the leaves beneath Sonic's shoes crinkling close beside her maintaining her smile. She peeked around the next tree, the amount stabilised by one another and blanketed in burgundy and aureate shades polished to the branches withering away. It was more open ahead, the thickness of the forest deceased by the time they had taken the full bend to their shoes left soaked from the grimy midnight rainfall. Sonic's head tilted at the fields glossed with morning flares, but his lips soon broke into a gasp.

Harvested meadows poured until they ceased into single lines of saturated wheat hue so far into the distance they became unrecognisable. The hedgehog was stunned at how far they flowed on for, the sun polished across it with no intrusion of overhanging leaves and with a stronger burning incandescence. Blue embodied the sky entirely, cloudless, but with the dabbing of dry white to include the moon in broad daylight that gave a sensation of autumnal vibes. Sonic admired the fields, carved into direct and beautifully organised rows, vegetation exploding in each but never overflowing.

Seritonal crops made the immaculate soil their home, mushrooming over the ground in vibrant orange to their polished skins kept cleansed from the grains of moistened soil underneath. Sonic squinted, the seemingly millions of vivid spheres clicking in his mind through identification they were indeed pumpkins. He grinned wider than the beams of light and brighter than the moon watching over him from the other side, these wrongly assumed vegetables being the face of Halloween through his practically glowing eyes. (Y/n) felt his hand tingle in her own and his knees jolt up and down like a delighted toddler.

She could sense he wanted to run out and explore, those veins of his pumped with adventurous blood as his breaths rumbled in enthusiasm. His muzzle was back out from his scarf, and his face didn't feel the chill of the air ready to collapse into the icy rhythm of winter while overwhelmed with heated energy. He felt (Y/n)'s hand slip away from his, and it made Sonic's fluffy little body snap around so sudden it were like her removal of the touch broke a spell. She nodded softly, wandering back to the stalls anonymously passed upon their entrance to grab a festive drink.

Sonic chuckled at her suggestion, his yearning to run wild and her subtle confirmation that felt created for only himself to understand smashing together like mental puzzle pieces. (Y/n) wiggled her thumbs up as she vanished into the crowds roaring at their strongest around the offerings of harvested goods and snacks themed around this heartwarming time of year. He bolted around the fields, taking to the ridges curved alongside the dips for the pumpkins to thrive as carefully as his adrenaline powered body could. He vanished as a blue streak, the eyes of intrigued citizens stopping to take a glance.