Meetup (fluff/lemon)

Y/N POV:
It's 10 in the morning right now, yet it still feels like it's too early to be functioning. I turn off my alarm and sit up so I don't fall back asleep.

It's too early for this, I swear.

I wake up alone, yet again, but at least I get to talk to my baby on the phone. That makes me feel loved enough.

"Hey baby <3 did you sleep well?"

I turn my phone off and wait for a response. While I wait, I get up and get myself some water to wake me up.

A few minutes later, an alarm on my phone goes off to eat something.

Oh yeah, I kinda need to eat to live. I probably should do that.

I head to the fridge to get food and see nothing interesting. I close the fridge and look in the cabinets. Still nothing. I want to look in the pantry, but I know I'll get the same thing as always if I do. I don't want to be too predictable. After a while of that, I end up deciding to eat the same food, yet again. No matter how stupid I feel about it.

I put the ramen packet in the pot and wait for the water to boil, when I feel my phone vibrate.

"Good morning handsome. I did sleep well. Did you?"

A huge grin grows on my face and I giggle to myself as I respond.

"I did. Especially since I was thinking about you all night."

God that was so cheesy. But it's true.

I put the ramen noodles in the boiling water and turn the heat down a bit while I grab a bowl to put it in once it's cooked. My phone buzzes again.

"Remember, love. I have my trip today, so I won't be able to respond much, if at all."

Oh right, he has his trip today. That's okay. I'll distract myself to fill the void.

"That's alright. I love you <3"

Wait didn't I just say that a bit ago? Crap, maybe I'm coming off as too clingy. Oh well. If I am, he'll tell me.

I feel content with that thought, so I go on with making my food.

It's too quiet.

I decide to start playing my playlist on my Alexa and put it on shuffle.

"Hey Alexa? Play 'Y/N's home alone playlist'."

"Playing 'Y/N's home alone playlist'."

The music starts playing and I start singing along to the song loudly.

Thankfully I don't have neighbors for miles. They'd surely complain if I did.

I keep singing along happily while making my ramen and-

Oh shit my ramen!

I check on it and, sure enough, the water is boiling over. Again. I quickly turn the heat off and try to clean up the stove from the water.

Great. Of course I forgot to turn down the heat again. Stupid ADHD, distracting me all the time.

I wait for the pot to cool down and put the ramen into the bowl.

A new song comes on, and this time it's a love song. It also happens to be a song I love to sing at karaoke, so I know this one very well. So, as one does, I start absolutely belting it.

"And you've got me like ah, mm. What you want from me?"

I also quietly sing the background voices.

"And I tried to buyyyy your pretty heart with the price too, highhhhh."