𝟸𝟹. 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚏𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚌𝚘𝚟𝚎

❥ hi. due to the development of my plot, i am aging a handful of the characters up in order to help better the flow of my book. quite frankly, my story isn't at all what it was initially intended to be when i started writing it, so doing this will allow me to get a better handle on where i am wanting my work to go.

❥ please note that this affects nothing from what i have written so far but i figured people would like to know. i will be updating my characterization whenever i get the chance.

❥ everyone in the group that attends tsu are currently in their junior year of college. jean, y/n, mikasa, sasha, eren, armin, bert, historia, and connie are all 20 rather than 19. reiner, niccolo, and annie are 21. zeke 26, and ymir remains at 20.

❥ this would make marco 19 rather than 18 at the time when he passed away. he was apart of them for 2 years.

❥ lucas at the time of his death was 23 about to be 24. (a sag baby)

❥ porco is about to turn 22 if anybody gives a flying fuck.

enjoy!

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

Thin milky clouds, equivalent to the stippling of unwanted blemishes, are starting to trickle in.

You can nearly feel yourself preparing to grieve the inevitable loss of the blue lambent sky you will soon be in the suffering of tomorrow once it colors itself back into the dreary shades of common Trost gray.

But that's nothing to be concerned about right now. In this moment, all you seem to have the capability to be is content as it rises over the moon that rests in the center of your heart.

"Hey, bambi." Jean's rich voice comes and settles into you cordially. More contentment pours in the craters where all your misery used to be. You do whatever you can not to explode into pieces in this leather passenger seat.

A flutter in your heart starts in the center and sprawls outward the way branches do trees. Leaves of serendipity fall free and land in the pool of your abdomen that won't stop twisting around itself. In no more than an instant, all those said moon-like craters fill up with peace, teeming to the very brim.

Through your split-apart lips, narrow enough for only a thin string to enter through, your lungs expand with a large inhale of air, willing the reckless organ to settle. You bite the silent plea into the center meat of your tongue. But even with that electric shock of pain, it hardly does.

Who the hell are you even kidding? It doesn't. Not for a second. Not at all.

Just what in the hell is happening to you? And why is it pervading your heart, swelling your mind, and dripping into your godforsaken soul where all the good things are never supposed to go?

All this over the sound of such a simple name you once despised. A simple name that is growing into you like it has always been yours.

At first, instances such as this trickled into you little by little throughout passing time, small enough for you to have the ability to push down, to the side, or out entirely before you could feel it too much.

Now, however, it's all becoming a rapid flood, and the turbulent current is about to take whatever amount of life you have left within you before you can even begin to determine what any of it is. What it means. Why it is that it keeps occurring, only to intensify over time, making everything that much worse.

There are too many questions swarming you at once. Too many unwanted, unknown feelings channeling themselves inside you with no definition or name. You want it all to stop. And you want it all to stop soon. Desperate for it to abide by that fierce wish that hold enough power to quake your bones.