𝟷𝟹. 𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚖𝚎

This is a 27k+ word chapter.

Please ignore any typos I may have missed. I'm tired lol. I have things to do but I wanted to get this out before I drove myself up the wall. Enjoy!

Don't forget to vote / comment / follow
___

Today's schedule:

A 6-hour shift at your new job followed a dreadfully long tutoring session with TSU's most unpredictable fuck boy, all while running on four hours of sleep.

What a fucking treat this is going to be.

Just the thought of your to-do list makes your body turn with dread and fatigue.

All that's on your mind is the high amount of caffeine you'll have to consume to get through this day successfully. It's not like your complaining, though. That shit runs through your veins more than blood.

As you finish getting ready, you take one last glimpse in your vanity mirror and adjust your yellow dress patterned with small white flowers all across it. You tie the thin cotton string on the top seam that lies on your chest and secure it into a tight bow.

According to the weather app, it's predicted to be a clear day in Paradis, with no clouds passing through the town. Knowing that sunny days here don't happen that frequently, you decide to take advantage of the cloudless blue sky by wearing a cute sundress.

You lift your arms above your head and shift your head downward to make sure the length of the dress won't expose the scars you have on your upper thighs. Thankfully, even when it rises, it remains long enough to hide the mutilated skin of your past.

Feeling satisfied with the protection of the soft yellow fabric and the overall result of your outfit, you smile to yourself and head out of your room. The instant you open the door, the smell of freshly brewed coffee coats the inside of your nose.

Thank you, Sasha Braus. You angel.

Breathing in the scent of it, you make your way to the bathroom. Already having brushed your teeth and washed your face when you first woke, you take this time to focus on doing your makeup and hair.

You decide to go light today, with only mascara and a hint of blush. You'll put on some lipgloss when you finish your breakfast.

You pull out a yellow ribbon hiding inside the drawer beneath the bathroom sink that perfectly matches your dress. Grabbing some front pieces of your hair, letting your fingers part them into small sections, you pull it back, going for a half-up, half-down look. With the work of your hands, you tie the yellow ribbon in a bow on the back of your head in the center.

Sasha is blasting music through a speaker from within the kitchen the same way she does almost every morning. A standard routine in your apartment.

The current song ends, and Pretty Girl by Clario begins to play.

"Oh, Yesss!" Sasha's sweet voice carries itself through the white walls of your apartment, meeting your ears with ease. "I love this song!"

She turns the music up a couple of notches, making the soft tune reverberate a little louder, and she begins to sing. You listen along with her from a distance as you finish getting ready, her voice only adding character to the already good music.

You're not even in the same room, and you can feel the enthusiasm emanate from her.

At least someone is a morning person.

Something that you can always count on is for her to act more as your alarm than the several you set up on your phone. She's someone whose energy never really leaves them, making it easy to perk up when she's around, even when all you want to do is crash back into slumber.