𝟷𝟷. 𝚓𝚊𝚎𝚐𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝

Remember to vote / comment it helps my story so much 🖤
___

Pulling up to Zeke's house, your friends' cars are parked in a line in the curved red brick cul-de-sac paved in front.

The speed of Jean's black Mercedes starts to slow, and with a slight turn of the steering wheel, he pulls off the dark neighborhood street and in behind Reiner's truck. Cocking your head to the right, your eyes trace across the house's exterior.

It's as you remember, white wooded, spacious and beautiful. Deep yellow and off-white hues radiate off of the lights coming from both the inside and out, creating an inviting aura around it.

It's quiet and still this time compared to the blaring music and loud conversations that filled every inch of it a couple of weeks ago.

Jean's unbending carefulness behind the wheel leaves himself, you, Connie, and Sasha the last to arrive. That and the fact that Connie's ice cream mixed with cosmic brownies decided to go right through him as you were about to pull out of the Sonic parking lot, forcing Jean to do a whole ass U-turn.

Connie claims to have eaten too much of it too fast, the truth is he's just lactose intolerant and doesn't give a damn.

Needless to say, Jean wasn't too happy about the situation. The way he cursed under his breath repeatedly was a dead giveaway. 

On the car ride here, though it wasn't very long, being in the front seat, you witnessed how careful Jean is when he drives. For most of the way, he was quiet, hardly saying a word to any of you.

If something were spoken to him that needed to be answered, he would, but his voice was gruff, and his responses were short while his face stayed forward and stagnant. He seemed to have flipped some sort of switch, the way he always does.

Jean didn't want to ignite in conversation more than he had to. He was too focused on the black paved road ahead, scarred hands steady on ten and two.

While you were busy exchanging conversation with Sasha and Connie, as they bashed Floch's name to the ground for the things he said to you and how they are unquestionably convinced he has the hots for Eren, you glanced over at the speedometer a couple of times, just out of curiosity. That's when you noticed ten over the speed limit was the most Jean was willing to go.

As soon as Jean shifts his car into park, the locks on the doors make a clicking sound, automatically unlocking themselves. Connie is basically out of his seat before Jean can even take the weight he has on the gas pedal off.

"Race ya!" Connie chants loudly to Sasha, throwing off his seatbelt; the metal part of it smacks against the surface of the car door before he forcefully pushes it open. You glance over your shoulder to the backseat to see him hop out like his ass is on fire.

Sasha fidgets with her seat belt, struggling a bit, before she throws the door open, following his lead because there's no chance in hell she will let herself lose to Connie Springer. "Idiot. No fucking fair, you got a head start. You're such a god damn cheater." She yells at him, her voice echoing through the clouded night sky as both car doors slam shut.

Before you can even blink, Connie is booking it around the front of Jean's car and up the burgundy brick driveway. He's so fast you swear his black mesh Adidas aren't even touching the ground beneath him.

Sasha picks up her speed, arms flailing in the air as she fights for her life to catch up with him. Connie leaps skillfully onto the porch, not even attempting to use the three steps provided in front of him, and reaches the front door sprinting through it first with Sasha tailing right behind.