~2~

Sorry for being gone so long, hope some people are still interested 😅

-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for being gone so long, hope some people are still interested 😅

-------------------------------------------------------

After Clint and Jeff cleaned a few of the fresh wounds and bandaged me up they walked with me towards the 'Gathering.'

"What even is a Gathering?" I ask them.

"It's sort of a council of all the Keepers here in the Glade, every time something happens there's a Gathering" Jeff reacts.

"What's the Glade though?" Jeff and Clint exchange a desperate look.

"Didn't Alby or Newt tell you anything?" They seem annoyed. Why though? I don't know anything! I'm allowed to ask some questions.

"I was only bloody told that "this is the Glade"" I mimic the brown guy's voice sarcastically. "But how I'm I supposed to know what that is? I don't even bloody remember who I am!"

The two boys exchange an amused look but say nothing.

"What?!" I snap at them; I'm getting irritated now. It feels like they're holding back information and all I want to do is get some sense of what's happening, who I am. I feel so lost.

"It's nothing," Clint says. "It's just you sound a bit like Newt and he's the only one to use the word "Bloody", it's just curious."

I exhale through my nose but don't say anything else. The word felt natural to use but it's true that I've only heard Newt use it. Speaking of him, what was that cliff-hanger?! Just dropping that bomb that he recognized me and then just casually walking away. The hell. He seemed familiar to me as well but no matter how hard I try I cannot put my finger on it. It's like I'm chasing a squirrel and every time I come closer it runs away again, never quite able to grasp it.

"Do you guys have any idea what caused my back to have so many wounds and scars?" They again exchange a nervous look, like they don't want to press their luck but I need to know. What could've happened to me?

"Does anyone else have them?" They both shake their heads.

"No, I've never seen anything quite like this and it wasn't just a few wounds, there were scars overlaying each other. There were some fresh wounds but also fully healed ones, but I have no idea what could've caused this." Jeff says it matter of factly, but I can see in his eyes that he is pondering the question 'what the hell happened'.

"Do you know why I can't remember anything?"

"Wow, they really didn't give you the introduction yet huh?"

I just stare at them; it's getting tiring having to ask repeatedly. I just want some answers!

"Well, no one remembers anything from before we came up in the Box, the only thing they let you keep is your name."

"They? Who is they?" Clint and Jeff stop waking, we're standing in front of a double story building, and I wonder if the boys made this or if it has always been there.

"Look, I'm sure that Newt or Alby will give you the tour after the Gathering but right now we need to go inside and please just be quiet, let the others take the lead." Clint says as he opens the door. I scoff but walk inside nonetheless. What else can I do? Hopefully after this 'Gathering' I'll get some bloody answers.

We walk inside the building, and I must admit that from the inside it looks bigger than from the outside.

"Isn't Jeff coming with us?" I ask Clint, noticing he didn't come in.