58

El gasped as she was finding herself waking up on a table, a couple of doctors and nurses surrounding her. Owens and Brenner stood beside her as Jonathan, Will, and Mike were being held back by the guards. Argyle was sitting on one of the tables, staring off into space... still high as a kite.

"Air! Get her some air, please! Unless we really are wanting Lizzy to attack us again!" Owen warned them. Doctors began to give her some oxygen.

"It's okay," Brenner said to her, "It will take time to adjust but you're safe now."

"Lizzy!" El cried, "I knew Lizzy before I met her in Hawkins! Why would I forget her?"

Owens and Brenner kept quiet, unsure how to answer her.

"Lets just say, something happened while the two of you were in the hospital... and though part of knows you didn't mean to do it... another part of you felt guilty of what happened between you and 13."

"What happened?" El asked them. 

"You'll know soon enough. But right now we need to calm you down-- we had another visit with 13." Brenner said pointing upward. El found his finger to see the glass windows where they would watch as she was inside the machine were now shattered and the walls around it were covered in cracks. 

"She's getting more dangerous by the minute. But we have to continue. We must move quickly or else Hawkins not only has to worry about Vecna, but they also must worry about 13." 

"So Vecna has to be here in this house." Dustin claimed as they sat in the living room. Billy kept his eyes glued on Lizzy, who was staring off into space. She was shivering; her eyes glossed over with tears. Billy gently pressed his hand on her knee, letting her know he was there for her. He wanted to take her out of this house. He knew then this house wasn't the best place for Lizzy.. hell he doubted Hawkins was even safe for Lizzy anymore. 

Jason was on the other side of the room, trying to hide him caressing his neck to soothe the pain. Part of him knew Lizzy didn't mean to do it, but there was a small part of him that felt it was almost personal in a sense... like Lizzy had somewhat wanted to hurt Jason. 

"But why would he have Lizzy try to kill Jason?" Max asked, "I mean it doesn't make any sense. He's been the one killing people, why now is he wanting to get other people to do his dirty work? What does he get out of it?" 

"Some sicko's pleasure?" Eddie suggested. 

"Max is right. This is a total change in M.O." Robin agreed with Max. 

"Not entirely. I mean we have seen him trying to reach out to Lizzy. The problem is we don't know why?" Nancy pointed out. 

"Uh-- guys--" Erica spoke up, causing everyone to turn towards where she was standing, "Is that supposed to be happening?" 

Everyone slowly walked towards Erica, who was pointing at the candelabra in the foyer. The lights were flickering and making a strange buzzing sound. 

"It's like the Christmas lights?" Lucas spoke. 

"I'm sorry the what?" Jason asked. 

"When Will was in the Upside Down, the lights... came to life." Nancy explained to him. 

"Vecna's here." Dustin mumbled, "In this house... just on the other side." 

The lights slowly dimmed before shutting off entirely. 

"What the hell?" Jason asked, pointing at the lights, "Is he gone?" 

"No, I think he just left the room." Robin suggested to them. 

"Do you think he heard us?" Max asked. 

"Do you think he can see us?" Steve asked. 

"Wait, wait! Everyone turn off your flashlights and spread out!" Nancy ordered them.  Everyone began to turn off their flashlights and hurrying to search for Vecna. 

"We're not gonna be able to see if we turn off our flashlights." Steve blurted out. Eddie shot him a glare, rolling his eyes before grabbing hold of Steve's hand. 

"Come on you big baby." Eddie growled as they hurried throughout the rooms. It was about a minute or so later when they heard Robin screaming out. 

"I got him! I got him!" 

Everyone rushed over towards her, seeing her flashlights beaming brightly. 

"I got him!" Robin screamed when suddenly her flashlight shut off, "I had him." 

"Whoa!" Steve shouted as his flashlight turned on suddenly, "Oh, I think he's moving. He's moving. He's moving." 

Everyone began to follow Steve as they travel up the stairs. They had reached the balcony when Steve's flashlight turned off. 

"Shit! I lost him." 

"No, you didn't." Jason said, moving from the group and towards a side door. He opened it to reveal a stair well. 

"It's an attic. Of course it's an attic." Robin mumbled while everyone slowly began to ascend the stairs up to the attic. 

"Hold up, guys. What if he's leading us into a trap? Guys! Guys!" Dustin asked them. No one of course was listening. Dustin began cursing under his breath as they hurried up into the attic... unaware of the unexpected visitors walking inside the house. They entered into the attic as they saw the only light in there flickering brightly. 

"Flashlights." Dustin pointed out. They gaze down to see all of their flashlights were turned up and beeping and beaming brightly. 

"What's happening?" Steve asked. A light gasp exist Lizzy's lips. 

"What?" Billy asked her, "What is it?" 

"I can feel it.... I can feel him." She whimpered, tears streaming down her face. 

"What? What do you mean? What's happening?" Jason asked. 

"He's found his next victim." Lizzy mumbled, her entire body shivering. Before anyone could ask her, their flashlights bulbs began to explode causing them to toss them down as they kept breaking one by one before the attic's light broke too. Everyone was panting and cursing under their breath trying to figure out what had happened when a scream echoed into their ears from downstairs.