chapter twenty

A soft vibration underneath my body gently shakes me awake. I don't know where exactly I am, but the coolness is very appreciated. I blink a few times, slowly getting a clearer view of my surroundings. It's a small space, dim light coming through a window. My back is pressed against something, it's one of the things that woke me up. I can still feel it - something pounding against me.

Staring outside of the window, it slowly hits me that I'm in a moving vehicle. Two headlights shine a part of their light into the car, lighting up the space around me. Streetlights light up the road behind me. My hair falls in front of my eyes. When I attempt to lift one my hands to get it out of my face, I hear chains clanking and my hand refuses to go any further.

"Shh!" A strong arm reaches over me and grabs my hand. I suck in a sharp breath and try to push the person behind me away, trying to create as much space between our bodies as possible. The big hand travels higher up to my face and covers my mouth. "Calm down... It's me" It slowly lowers and gets a hold on my chin, turning my head till I'm face to face with the person behind me.

"Harry?" My voice comes out weakly and I feel the need to scratch my throat, clear up my voice so I can speak better. Though the look on his face tells me I should be quiet. "I'm scared.." I whisper with a trembling voice. He forces a gentle smile, pressing his lips into a line. "I know, but we'll be alright" His hand stays on my face, delicately removing the strand of hair that was still in the way. "Just pretend to be unconscious, alright? I'll be right with you all the time" I nod and turn my head back so I can't see him anymore.

He removes his hand from around my body and replaces his touch by drawing small circular motions on my back. His warm breath reverberates against my neck.

The car takes a turn right and the road gets uneven. I groan quietly as my hip hits the floor beneath me uncomfortably.

"Where are they taking us?" I whisper. I want to turn around, let the sight of him comfort me. Allow his eyes to look at every inch of my face like they always do. "I don't know, but we'll be alright" He assures, bringing his hand up to my neck. I flinch when I feel a sudden harsh pain where his fingers meet my skin. "What's wrong?" Harry breathes out. "I mean, I nearly got choked, guess that happend." I sigh and place my hand on top of his, positioning it somewhere else.

"I'm sorry, you okay?" He asks. "Yeah, fine".

The car comes to a sudden halt, and I try to pull my hands closer to myself to keep steady. The chains cut my skin and I grit my teeth, cursing quietly under my breath. "Alright, we're gonna have to create some space between us so it doesn't look suspicious." Harry says. It's only when I move away that I notice how close we were. I was pressed against his chest and his head was only inches away from mine.

"Hold on, I've kinda wanted to do this thing and I feel like now's the right time to do it. Tell me how you feel about it when we get out of here alive" Harry says, reaching for me, bringing me back against him. My heart beats faster in my chest as I wait for him to do his thing. It takes him a while but then he gently directs my face towards him and places his lips on mine.

I melt in his hold but don't know what to do or how to react. How does someone even react to this. When he pulls away and my eyes slowly open, I find him looking at me worriedly.

"H-how was th-" He starts but the people outside interrupt the moment.

"They should still be unconscious, sir" A deep voice says. It's quiet for a few seconds before he talks again. We sit in silence, waiting for the door to open. "I'll bring them right up, sir." I quickly scoot away from Harry and pretend to be unconscious. The trunk door opens and the cold night air send chills down my spine. The cold creeps under my clothes and replaces the warmth I felt before.