She let my hair fall down my back. “Would you want it up or down? Tied or not?” she asked.

“What’s the difference? It’s up to you.” I said lazily as I closed my eyes.

She slapped me and that woke me up. “Psyche, you can’t just let others decide for you. You have to make your own decisions sooner or later. You can’t just sleep on it because you don’t want to make your own choice. Later on if you don’t know how to become independent, what would become of you?”

“I’ll still be a citizen of this country.” I prompted innocently.

She smiled tiredly. “You really are the youngest.”

“I want it down.” I licked my lips and I stared at my hands. “Phoebe, am I hard to love?”

She scoffed. “Are you kidding me?”

“No, don’t get me wrong!” I continued before she could over react. “It’s that no one seems to… well, really like Me.” she squared her shoulders and she turned to face me. “Unlike Persephone, she really is something to be adored.”

Phoebe shook her head as if shaking dandruff off her hair. “Psyche, you should never compare yourself to Persephone. Even though you’re twins she’s different from you. She may be the apple of everyone’s eyes but you are special. Always know that you are special, Psyche. You may not know that because you see different.”

“But why is it that no one seems to like me?” I asked as I look into her blue eyes similar to my twin’s.

She pouted her lips. “Psyche, there are a lot of people who likes you. Add me!”

I frowned at her. “That’s not what I meant.”

She laughed. “Sis, you are not hard to love. Only that people sometimes get intimidated by you—you know what I mean. Okay, let’s try to compare you with Pers in a good way. Pers is blonde—“ I gave her a skeptic look. “…and she is very sociable—“ maybe she meant to say ‘flirt’. “Guys, find it easy to talk to her because she’s very easy to get. While you, you are more of a shy type, sis. So guys find it hard to approach you sometimes because it’s hard for them to read you.”

“Really?” my eyes widened. “So, you mean I’m not ugly?”

“Who told you that you’re ugly?” she glared at me.

I shrugged myself. “My options?”

She sighed. “Psyche, you have very low self esteem. Now, let’s show yourself the ugly you are saying.”

She started with my hair again and she continued all the way to my make-up. I obeyed her orders as with the look ups and downs she was saying and it almost hurt my body and face not to really move. When everything was done she let me stand up and she faced me to the mirror.

Once again I saw the beautiful creature I met at the shop days ago when I was fitting the dress for my debut. Come to think of the evolution of man. From ape to human. Wow.

“So, sis, who’s ugly now?” Phoebe looked sarcastically at me.

I fascinated myself from head to toe. “Wow, I can’t believe you made me look human.”

“Now you do.” Phoebe prompted. Then she glanced at my dress. “You would even look hotter when you get into that pretty thing.”

Not a few more minutes or so I got dressed in my baby pink doll short dress. It was a pretty little cocktail dress with a cute whimsical length, while the black lace accents and the tulle skirt make this dress formal enough for any event. The back is as elegant as the front with the low cut back and the lace flowers that travel down the back to the full skirt in pink and I shove into my black pip-toe shoes. Then Phoebe brought me to a bigger mirror to see the whole of me. She was right, I was beautiful. I never really thought I was until now. Phoebe set my hair into retro waves by setting spray throughout the strands of my hair and parting it deep to one side and then she used hot rollers to roll my hair forward toward my face.