0.8 Mafia AU 8.0

"Here he is, Sir. As you requested."

"You may leave."

"Right away, Sir."

The interrogation room was silent.

You stared blankly at the man who was tied to the chair in front of you.

He was slim and not particularly muscular, wearing a fitted cotton pink sweater and pale blue jean shorts.

And was that eye shadow?

You normally wouldn't be appraising this man's appearance so intently, nor would you care much for how he chose to present himself...

But it was only natural, considering this man had been brought in just that day for slaughtering half a dozen soldiers while seemingly unarmed.

Your gaze finally relented when you realized that the man was studying you just as intently as you were him. Your eyes met his. They were wide and bright, seemingly filled with nothing but innocent confusion, but unlike with his appearance, you managed to see through them.

The eyes are the gateway to the soul, as they say... and this man's soul was ice-cold. There was a darkness that peeked out from beneath the surface, and this, this was something you knew to recognize.

He had the eyes of a killer.

You inwardly chastised yourself for beginning to let your guard down. What did it matter what his body type was or whether he wore makeup or didn't? You were a woman and the leader of one of the most reputable gangs in the area.

Appearances could, and most certainly would be deceiving.

You levelled the man with a frosty gaze.

"I'm guessing you belong to The Flock?"

He flinched, so subtly that it was almost imperceptible... but you caught it. "The... what? I'm sorry... but why am I here?"

So, you were right. He's one of those irritating little birdies.

You grinned. "Oh, no reason, really. Just for kicks. Gang leaders need entertainment too, you know?"

His expression flickered ever so slightly with amusement, before fixing into a mask of growing terror. "Wh--what? Um... what are you gonna do... to me?"

"Who knows? What did you do to the six soldiers of mine that went 'missing'? Maybe I'll do that." Your eyes studied him,

"How did you--?"

"You're not the mastermind that you seem to think you are, Darling." Your eyes glinted as you bent down to pat him on the head patronizingly.

His cheeks were flushing in what you assumed to be anger... but you couldn't have been more wrong. "Y--you--"

"Now, here's what's gonna happen," you smiled coldly, "you're gonna tell me everything you know about The Flock right now... and to show you my gratitude, maybe I'll let you leave this room alive. Yeah?"

"You know I can't--"

"Oh, but you can. You know what's at stake, don't you? You tell me now, while I'm being all nice to you, or I get one of my lovely interrogators, Camryn, to come down here and rip it out of you." You shrugged carelessly. "I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but one of the soldiers you killed was Cammy's best friend. When you finally do give him the information I want, killing you will be a mercy."

The man's expression was indecisive. "I... I don't think I could..."

You tucked a curly lock of hair behind his ear in a mockery of affection. "You can have the next few days to make your decision."